Chapter 1

A/N: warning!⚠️ this chapter contains physical and verbal abuse, as well as self harm. If this is a trigger for you then I advise you to skip this chapter. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it!

————————

Hello my name is Makayla DelCastillo. I'm fourteen years old and going into my first year of high school. My mother's name is May, or I guess I should say her name was May. She passed away when I was twelve.

She told me that my birth father left us for some other women and wanted nothing to do with me or her. When I was seven my mom got married to a man named Darrell. She started doing drugs. She changed, and started to treat me differently.

After a year they started to hit me. And by the time I was ten I was getting beat at least once a day. I thought that was as bad as it would get, but when my mom overdosed Darrell blamed me for it and now beats me close to death at least once a week. I know it is not great but that's my life.

I heard the annoying ringing of my alarm clock going off. I groaned as I turned it off not wanting to start another day in this heck hole.

I carefully got out of bed trying not to further hurt my injuries from yesterday. I over cooked his food yesterday so he beat me. It wasn't the worst beating that I ever received, but it still hurt.

I limped over to my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. All I saw staring back at me was a hideous girl. My skin was way too pale, my hair was a tangled mess and I was way too overweight.

I only get to eat twice a week if I'm lucky. I get his scraps sometimes if he's feeling nice. I saw the back eye forming yesterday as well. I stripped off my clothes and turned on the shower, sick of looking at myself.

I stepped into the shower and turned on the cold water. Darrel says that I don't deserve warm water and that I should be grateful that I got to shower In the first place.

I quickly scrubbed off all of the dried blood and dirt off of my body. I turned the water off and got out. I dried myself off and changed into some clothes.

I don't have very many clothes and what I do have isn't the nicest, but again I'm lucky to have anything. I threw on a pair of jeans full of holes, and no I did not buy them like that. I also threw on an old long sleeve shirt that belonged to my mother.

I looked at my alarm clock and saw that it was 5:47. "Crap" I mumbled to myself. I have thirteen minutes to make breakfast for Darrell or else I'm going to get beat. I quickly rushed out of my room forgetting about my sprained ankle.

I winced from the pain and stubbled a little bit but quickly regained my balance and continued on my way. Now getting down the stairs was the hardest part. After a minute or two I finally made it down and limped into the kitchen.

The clock on the wall said that I had about ten minutes to cook Darrell's breakfast. I started with the eggs, stirring them in a bowl with a little bit of milk, cheese, salt and pepper. I then poured it into the hot skillet letting it cook.

I then grabbed three slices of bacon and put them into another skillet to cook. The food finished in about seven minutes. As I placed the food on the table and poured him a glass of orange juice. Just as I was putting away the orange juice I heard the heavy thud of his boots coming down the stairs.

I lowered my head to the ground as he walked into the kitchen. That was one of the rules that I had to follow or else I would be punished. Having breakfast ready was another one.

1.) Only speak when given permission

2.) Never look at anyone in the eyes

3.) Call him and any friends that may come over sir