Chapter 16

Makayla's POV:

~Dream~
"Where's my food you ungrateful whore" I herd Sir yell as he came down the stairs. I stared at the boiling water as if that would make it cook any faster.

I herd him get closer and closer to me until he stopped right behind me. "Is my food ready yet slut" he hissed into my ear. "N...n...no sir" I stuttered out.

The only response I got was a stinging sensation on my check and me hitting the ground. "You can't do anything right you little bitch" he screamed at me while he was kicking me.

I felt one rib break then another. One top of the blood was pooling in my mouth from when he slapped me. All of a sudden he stopped and back away.

I thought that he just got bored of me but boy was I wrong. I let out the loudest scream that I ever have as I felt boiling water being poured on to me.

"Makayla wake up" I herd a voice call out in the distance but I was so distracted by the pain that I was feeling to care.

I felt my skin peeling and welting up. With one final kick to my face Sir left me and headed of to work. I just laid there feeling my skin try to peel off of my own body.

"Makayla listen to me. It's Ethan your brother your safe" I herd the voice say, and that was enough for me to wake up.

~End dream~

I sat straight up hyperventilating. "Are you ok" I herd someone ask. I jumped forgetting that I wasn't alone. I looked over and saw a very worried Ethan.

"I...I'm sorry, d...did I wake you u...up" I stuttered looking down at my hands. "It's fine Makayla, I'm not mad, and your not in trouble" he told me softly. I was so relieved hearing those words but I was still scared.

I felt a hand wrap around my waist before being pulled on to Ethans lap. I was stiff at first but soon let metaled melt into his hold.

"You know maybe if you talked about what happened you would feel better" Ethan told me as I leaned my head back on to his chest.

"You don't have to I just thought it might help to get some things off of your chest" he said noticing me hesitation. Maybe he was right though, if I talked out my dreams then maybe I wouldn't get them as often.

I slowly nodded my head telling him that I agreed with him. "Ok can you walk me through what just happen in that dream" he asked me.

I took a deep breath and then told him. "I was cooking food for sir. I was boiling some eggs but the food wasn't ready by the time that he came down the stairs.

He slapped me saying the I couldn't do anything right. Then he started kicking me really really hard. But then all of a sudden he stopped. I was really happy because I thought it was over.

But instead he dumped the water that I had used to boil his eggs out on to me. It hurt a lot and I was screaming a lot. He kicked me in the face then left. After that I woke up" by the end I was full on crying.

I felt Ethan tense up underneath me but he was still calm when he said "you know that he was wrong". I looked down not wanting to have to tell Ethan what kind of a sister that he really has. An ugly, weak, stupid, useless, fat, whore.

I felt myself being turned around but I kept my eyes on my hands that rested in my lap. I felt two finger placed under my chin before pushing my head up to meet Ethans eyes.

"Makayla everything that your step father said and did to you where wrong. I know that you can't just forget about it over night but at least you can know that me, as well as all of your brothers love you. Your not ugly or fat or useless.

your an amazing little girl an you need to know that. We'll all be here for you ok, because we all love you and that's what matters" he said to me.

I buried my head into his chest and wrapped my arms around him. Maybe he's right, maybe I finally do have people who love me, six of them.