Chapter 20

Makayla POV:

The ride back to the house was quite. Bryson had the radio playing while I was looking out the window, yet again. I saw Bryson glancing at me from time to time, from the corner of my.

We finally arrived home after the dreadful ride. I quickly got out of the car wanting to just go hide out in my room. Once I made it into the house I thought that I was safe. Of course though, fate hates me.

Ethan was sitting at the counter in his laptop doing work. His eyes snapped to me as soon as I walked threw the door. "Hey Makayla, how are you" Ethan asked me, a soft smile on his lips.

I looked down at my feet before mumbled a quite 'good'. Bryson then came in and looked at me then at Ethan. "What do you want to eat for lunch" Bryson asked after a moment of silence.

"I'm n...not hungry" I stuttered moving closer to the stairs. "That was a nice try but after what happened this morning your going to eat something, so either you pick or I'll pick for you" he said sternly.

Ethan looked liked he wanted to ask about the breakfast incident but thankfully he didn't. "So whats it going to be" Bryson asked me raising a single eyebrow.

I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing what to say. "Ok looks like I get to pick. You just wait one minute and I'll get you you food" he said before heading into the kitchen, leaving me alone with Ethan.

Ethan closed his laptop and turned to me. "Come here" he said opening his arms. I couldn't tell if this was a demand or a suggestion. Not want to be punished I just simply did as he said.

As soon as I was in arms reach Ethan scooped me up into his arm. I was now sitting in his lap sideways. He held me securely on his lap. I was stiff at first not expecting him to do that but I soon relaxed into his hold resting my head on his chest.

"How was the clinic" Ethan asked looking down at me. "It was ok" I lied. The truth was that I was terrified the entire time and that I broke down not once but twice. But I couldn't tell him that so instead I had to settled on a lie. I don't like lying to any of my brothers but a lie was better then the truth.

Ethan looked down at me. He looked as if he knew that I was lying. Luckily for me though he decided not to push it. "Archer wanted me to tell you that we're going to wait an extra three weeks until you go back to school" Ethan told me.

I couldn't help being a little disappointed by this information. I wasn't allowed to go to school before and now I have to wait even longer. Even dead Darrell still affects me.

"Umm ok" I said softly. "Don't worry those three weeks will go by fast" he said noticing my disappointment. Before i could reply to Ethan, a bowl of steaming soup was placed in front of me.

"It's a French onion soup" Bryson said looking pleased with himself. I felt Ethan chuckle making his warm chest vibrate. "Your really trying to top my cooking, aren't you" he chuckled from behind me.

"Oh I've already toped your cooking now I'm just rubbing it in" Bryson boasted. I let out a soft chuckle at my brother silly bantering. Both of their eyes snapped to me.

I was worried that I did something wrong until I herd both of my brother 'aww' at the same time. I felt my cheeks heat up knowing that I most likely looked like a cherry tomato right now.

Wanting to get the attention off of me I grabbed the spoon and shoved the odd looking soup into my mouth. The flavor exploded in my mouth. I really didn't think that I would've liked it but it was so good.

I took another spoon full, and another, and another until only half of the bowl remained. "See I told you that I'm the best cook in the house" Bryson said pointing to my half empty bowl.