Chapter 2 - Love Story

Days, weeks, months. They passed by quickly in anticipation for the X Factor concert. I would see George Shelley singing! His angel voice took my breath away every time I heard it. His smile made my heart flutter unevenly in my chest every time I saw it. His eyes would lead me lost into dark every time I looked into them. He was so amazing, it was unreal.

Before I knew it was the 25th of February and there was only a week left until the best day of my life. I was finding it hard to concentrate and ended up poring orange juice on my cornflakes and putting salt in my coffee.

Lucy rang me to double check the arrangements for the next weekend. She would drive me and Annie down in her Mum’s Nissan Micra and Amelia would drive Shelby, Talia, Becky and Sarah would go in her Dad’s Vauxhall Zafira.

I decided to get everything ready now when I had plenty of time. I picked out my best clothes that made me look nice. I grabbed fifty pounds to spend and shoved it into my favourite purse. I slung all my clothes on one hanger and put the purse in the jeans pocket.

I lay down in my bed and stared and the ceiling.

“In a week I’m going to see George Shelley,” I kept saying to myself. To be honest I don’t think it had sunk in properly yet.

I closed my eyes and prepared for yet another dream about George.

I dreamt I was at the concert and Union J was singing Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen. The song was finishing and I clapped and shouted and screamed. Then Josh stepped forward.

“Right girls, for our next song we need to have four volunteers to come up and dance with us,” said Josh in a calm voice. You could instantly hear the excitement around the arena. “We will be choosing them ourselves. Let’s start with Jaymi.”

A bunch of hysterical screaming came from all around and Jaymi pointed to a girl not too far from me. She made her way to the stage.

“What’s your name?” asked Jaymi.

“I’m Anna,” answered the obviously shy girl. Jaymi grabbed her hand and pulled her back. I thought to myself whether that girl knew that Jaymi was gay.

Two other girls were picked for Josh and JJ called Sophie and Megan. And then it was George’s turn.

“OK, on the count of three. One, two, thr-“

The screaming started before he’d finished. I could see his eyes scouting the crowd. Suddenly his eyes locked onto mine. Mine locked onto his and I couldn’t pull away.

“I choose her,” said George in his beautiful voice, pointing at me. I gaped and stumbled my way through the crowd and onto the stage. They lead me towards George. He grabbed my hand and held it tight, knowing that I’d be nervous to be in front of so many people. His touch sent goose bumps up my arms, as if his touch had caused a spark.

“So what’s your name?” asked George, his teeth glinting in the light.

“My name is Rachel.”

 I looked at him and he smiled a comforting smile. I smiled back, mesmerized by his beauty.

“We’re going to sing Love Story by Taylor Swift,” said JJ. You could hear the buzz of excitement. I let out a tiny squeal. This was my favourite of all their songs.

“You like this song?” George asked me, with the microphone away from his mouth so no one could hear.

“Yeah. It was one of my favourite songs that you guys did on the show.” I said staring into his eyes.

Then the music started and Josh started.

Josh: We were both young when I first saw you; I close my eyes and the flashback starts. I'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air.

JJ: See the lights, See the party, the ball gowns, See you make your way through the crowd and say hello, little did I know…

Jaymi: That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet, and I was crying on the staircase, begging you please don't go, and I said…

Then it was Georges turn and he turned to face me and looked deep into my eyes and sang the words as if they were truly for me.

George: Juliet take me somewhere we can be alone, I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run, You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess, It's a love story baby just say yes.

He then leaned as if he was going to kiss me. Now I knew this would end sound and after all it was only a dream. So I grabbed his shirt and pulled his lips towards mine and touched them for less than a second before I woke up.

What do you think of this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Comment below, rememeber to become my fan and vote for this Chapter. 

GeorgiePayne x