Chapter 4 - Betrayal

“Wow! So far this concert is awesome!” said Annie. It was the interval and most of the group had gone to get snacks or gone to the toilet, so it was just me and Annie.

“I loved it when Rylan Clark sang Gangman Style! It was Hilarious!” I said giggling. “I’m still annoyed that Union J hasn’t come yet.”

“I know! Neither has District 3 or James Arthur. I’m guessing that James Arthur will be the finale, probably singing Impossible. I love that song.” Annie said. She had a secret crush on James Arthur and she thought no one knew, but I’d figured it out a while ago.

“He’s probably singing Hometown Glory too. I love the dub step in that song. It’s much better than Adele’s original version,” I said.

“Totally.” She said and I could hear a smile in her words.

The booming voice of Dermott O’Leary was sent all around the arena.

“Please take your seats. The show will be restarting in ten minutes.”

At that moment, everyone else came back with hands full of snacks and drinks and glow sticks.

“Hey. We got you some food too,” said Lucy. She handing me and Annie a packet of caramel popcorn each.

The girls started talking about school and exams and clothes but I stayed out of the conversation. I needed to process that I was going to see him.

Before I knew it the lights started to dim. The words “UNION J” came on the back screens of the stage.

First Josh Cuthbert jumped onto the stage and started to sing Call Me Maybe.

Then George Shelley appeared, gorgeous as ever, even more so in the flesh. I started screaming and yelling and clapping along with everyone else.

Then Jaymi Hendley and JJ Hamblett jumped onto the stage to join Josh and George.

They all sang together perfectly but I never took my eyes off of George, even when he wasn’t singing. He was just so perfect.

They then sang beneath your Beautiful which was perfect.

“OK guys for our last song we want four volunteers to come up for each of us to dance with.” Said Josh in a calm voice though he was speaking in front of thousands.

It was like the dream! I started screaming and yelling.

“Jaymi, you pick first.” said Josh.

Jaymi scanned the crowd for less than a minute and pick a loud girl in the front row.

“So what’s your name?” asked Jaymi politely.

“My name’s Jessica but you can call me Jess.” She said half shouting into the microphone. She seemed like a bitch.

“And why do you want to dance with me?” asked Jaymi.

“Because your mega fit and lush,” she said. I wonder if she knew he was gay.

JJ and Josh picked two girls, Alisha and Katy.

Then it was George’s turn to pick. I made sure that I would meet eye contact with him.

He started to scan the crowd and his eyes met mine. His stare was amazing and I never wanted to leave this moment. It looked like he was going to choose me but then he put his hand to his ear. I suddenly heard some hysterical crying from somewhere close to me. It was Lucy. She was crying. But why? She’ had never shown any liking to George. Actually she often tried to shut me up about him. So why was she crying?