Chapter 8 - Laughing

I was laughing hysterically in the back seat of the car. So was George.

“Did you see their faces? They were like...”He did an imitation of the girls. It put me back into a fit of giggles.

As I stop laughing, I started thinking. He had kisses me a few times now, and not just sympathy kisses.

“George?” I said breaking the silence. I looked to see that you had already been looking at me.

“What sweetie?” he asked with his honey sweet voice. The word “sweetie” made my stomach jump up in happiness.

“I was thinking what this is? What are we doing? What’s the deal?” I asked sounding stupid.

“What do you mean?” he asked frowning.

“Well…” I paused thinking of the right words, “You know, you act like you have feeling for me and I don’t know whether this is a date. Are we going out? Are we just friends? Are we just hanging out? What is going?!” the words came out in a blur.

“Well…” I moved over to do his signature lips to my ear move, “We’ll see after our date today.” He said, kissing my neck on the way back.

Almost not able to speak I said, “So this is a date?”

“Well, yeah. I want it to be. Do you want it to be?” He asked make a pleading puppy dog face.

I giggled, “I would love it.”

We spent the whole journey talking about our likes and dislikes.

I told him that McFly was one of my favourite bands and I found out that it was his as well. I found out that we had a lot in common. We both loved horror films. We both loved the beach near my house that he used to go to as a child. Our favourite colour is red. The list went on.

We also had a quick fire questions conversation.

“First boyfriend?” George asked.

“Two years ago.”

“Boyfriend now?”

“No…” I answered sad.

“What happened?”

“He said that I wasn’t right for him, that I was mature enough for him. So he left me.” The words brought back the pain that came with it, “We went out for a year and 4 months.”

“Sorry.” He said sympathetically.

I just nodded and ask him to continue.

“Virgin?”

“No. And I’m not saying any more details on that.” I said taking a sideways look at him.

“I’m sorry did I get to personal?” He said sounding sympathetic with a hint of humour.

“Maybe, just a little bit.”

We seemed to be stopping and I looked out of the car to see the venue of our date. Maybe it would be a fancy restaurant, or a beautiful private beach.

I looked out of the car in anticipation only to see the actual venue of our date. There on the corner of a quiet street was…a Costa Coffee shop.

I turned to look at him with raised eyebrows.

“I thought that this would be different than just going to some dinner thing or something. It’ll be more fun. Sorry to disappoint you,” He said kissing me lightly on the nose.

Some sort of security guard came to open my door and I got out. George was right behind me and the guard, as now I saw his name on his jacket, Dave, seemed to say something to George before he got back into the car and left.

Then he looked at me and opened the door to the café and beckoned me to come in.

“Ladies first or should I say beauty before age,” he said smiling.

I giggled, “It’s age before beauty you dumbass!” I said teasing him. He laughed and we both went in.

The café was practical empty. I guessed that maybe they had reserved the whole café for us, so that no fan girls come and mob us. There were only three people in the café. There was a man sitting on one of the tables in the corner, reading a newspaper, but occasionally looking at us out of the corner of his eye. I guessed he had been sent to “look after” George.

The only other two people there were a girl in her mid-twenties with a massive grin on her face, obviously happy to have been chosen to serve George Shelley. The other one seemed to be a seventeen year old boy with spots all over his face. He had one of those “all I want to do is go home and play Call of Duty 6 all night” kind of looks.

George sat me down in at a table with two seats.

“So miss I will be your waiter for today what would you like?” he said in the worst Italian accent in history.

“I would like a cappuccino, please waiter.”

“Any food with that miss?” he asked.

I looked down at the stomach that was still big from Christmas.

“No thank you waiter. Too fattening,” I said looking down at my belly.

“That’s one non-fat muffin coming up,” He said smiling.

He walked off to get the drinks and food. The girl at the counter jumped around while she asked him what he’d like as the teenage boy dragged his feet around like a grumpy child going round Tesco, as he made the drinks and fetched the muffin and what looked like a brownie.

George then walked back with his hands full of the goods.

“Here you go miss,” he said in his Italian accent again, sitting opposite me.

“By the way your Italian accent has got to be the worst one I have EVER heard!” I said laughing.

“Oh really. You should hear my American accent.”

He proceeded to attempt various accent and sound completely stupid with each one. I ended up almost falling off my seat because I was laughing so hard.

What do you think of this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Comment below, rememeber to become my fan and vote for this Chapter. 

GeorgiePayne x