Chapter 14 - Birthday

My 18th birthday was only weeks away. I had told my mum that I didn’t want to have a big party or anything that I just wanted to spend time with my mates. Anyway, George had told me that the night of my birthday we would… I couldn’t even think of the word without going into a frenzy of excitement.

On the morning of my birthday I woke early to the sound of a text.

YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MESSAGE! HIGH FIVE!

I thought I’d put my phone on silent but obviously didn’t. I stared at the ceiling for a minute before remembering what day it was. June 30th 2013, my 18th birthday. The day I'd have sex George Shelley, my boyfriend and my one reason for living. I started getting excited, but I needed something to get me of the topic. It was starting to get light outside and I grabbed my phone to check the time and my messages.

It was 6:30 a.m. I’d have to get up in half an hour. I decided to get up so that I had plenty of time to eat breakfast and do everything before I set off to school. I caught the bus at 8:00 a.m. so I had plenty of time before then.

I then clicked my Inbox and saw the message. It was from George! It said:

Hey baby happy 18th! Can’t wait for tonight … George x

This text had not been the calming text I had expected. I started jumping around so I got out of bed and grabbed my dressing gown. I tip toed downstairs so that I wouldn’t wake anyone.

The morning dragged on and the excitement did not fade at all. I almost skipped to the bus stop before racing onto the bus to join Lucy.

School was the whole “happy day” kind of feel. Presents, singing, acting stupid, classic birthday stuff. I got mainly jewellery and makeup.

Before I knew it, I was back home having the whole birthday charade with my family. They gave me a cake with 18 candles. I was there ready to blow the candles out thinking about what my wish was going to be.

I thought about many things I could wish for but I finally decided:

I wish that George and I will always find our way back to each other.

It was a very cliché wish but I wanted that. Sometimes I felt like he was slipping away from me, but as long as he came back for me I didn’t care.

It was time for me to get ready for my evening with George. He had told me not to dress up fancy which I was kind of disappointed about. Still I dressed in jeans and my favourite T-shirt and went to sit in front of the TV.

I didn’t concentrate on what was happening in the shown to many times, episode of Big Bang Theory. I think it was something to do with Leonard and Penny getting back together but I just stared blankly at the screen.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I got up quickly and almost ran to the door. I opened the door and there he was. Perfection in a tuxedo that probably didn’t cost any less than £80. He stood there smiling at me with my favourite smile.

“Hey, gorgeous.” He said in a honey sweet tone.

“Hey babe.”

He gave me a sweet kiss and grabbed my hand.

“Are you ready for your birthday evening?” he asked as I shut the front door and walked with him down the path.

I took a deep breath, “Yes.”

“Okay but we have to stop by my new place….”

I gapped at him. His new place? He had bought a new house?

“You have a new place? Where?” I asked.

“It’s a place for the whole band. We have another one near our recording studio. This house is kind of our holiday house.”

I felt kind of excited. I hadn’t seen the boys for a while and they were all awesome. Well, that I except for JJ. I hoped that JJ would be in a more welcoming mood when I saw him this time.

We got to the house and the first thing as saw as we went in was Josh. He almost ran up to me and gave me a hug.

“Hey Joshy! How are you?” I asked finding it hard to breath in his bear hug.

“I’m great. Happy Birthday.” He said letting me go from his bear hug.

“Thanks.” I looked around for a moment. “Where’s Jaymi?”

“I’m in the kitchen.” A voice said coming from a room away from this one.

Suddenly Jaymi emerged with my second cake of the day. Another chorus of “Happy Birthday” began. I was very grateful that they had made me a cake.

Happy Birthday to you!” They sang as they began to clap.

“Thanks guys,” I said.

“No problem.” Jaymi said putting down the cake and going back to the kitchen.

“Wait. Where’s JJ?” I asked wondering where the forth of their quartet had gone.

They both just shrugged. I guessed they still couldn’t keep him under control. I sighed.  Josh also scattered obviously to George’s unspoken orders.

“So this is my birthday evening?” I said trying not to sound disappointed.

George laughed, “Did you really think that this would be all we did?” I looked towards a door. “Go into there.”

I wondered if he was thinking about what I was thinking about. Still I opened the door and there on the bed….was a beautiful red dress.

“George, I …” I was speechless, I could not put my feelings into words. This dress was amazing!

“I knew you’d like it.” He said. “Put it on now. We’re going to somewhere … fancy for dinner.”

I was completely and utterly speechless. I walked into the bedroom and George closed the door after. I scanned my eyes around the room. His guitar was in the corner on a stand. Piles of CD’s were stacked in a neat pile: McFly, Take That, Tulisa, James Arthur and even Union J’s very own single. They were going to start to record their album soon. They were planning a big party with former contestants from the X Factor 2012 and One Direction.

I grabbed the dress and started undressing. I slipped the dress on but couldn’t managed to get the zip up on the back.

“GEORGE!” I shouted.

George poked his head round the door with his hands over his eyes.

“I’m decent. I just need help putting the zip on the back up,” I said. He uncovered his eyes, even though I knew he had been looking a little bit, and came to help me.

Zipped it up and started to kiss my neck.

“George, later.” I said even though I wanted him to carry on.

He stopped obediently and took my hand, “You ready?”

I couldn’t answer before he whisked me away. We rushed through the house and out the door, not even stopping to say goodbye to the boys. I look out at the road and there…was the most amazing red limo I had ever seen. To be honest I had never seen so I didn’t have anything to compare it with.

I gaped with my mouth open. As a little girl I always had gone on and on about having a limo for my birthday but I had been turned down each year. George seemed to know me more than I knew myself.

“Let’s go,” he said winking at me.

What do you think of this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Comment below, remember to become my fan and vote for this Chapter. 

GeorgiePayne x