Chapter 21 - Confessions

Rachel’s POV.

I sat there in my orange Hollister jumper staring out at the sea, tears streaming down my face. I came down here almost every day to cry. I found it peaceful and yet it brought back so many painful memories.

After I had gone to his house to fetch my stuff I had gone straight to my mum’s house. She seemed to be in the middle of cooking when I arrived as she was in the apron I had bought her for her birthday two years ago. As soon as I saw her I burst out crying.

“I’m so sorry mum. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” I repeated as I hugged her.

“It’s okay honey. I’m sorry it was my entire fault.” I could hear that she was crying as well.

I moved all my stuff back in and it was weird going back to normal everyday things. I could tell that my mother’s relationship with me had weakened after all that had happened but I was just happy to be with her again.

When I entered my room it was filled with Union J posters. I looked at them for one second before ripping them apart. I cried a lot.

I missed him so much...

“Rachel?” His voice disturbed my thoughts. Great, now I was hearing his voice in my head. I hoped I wasn’t turning into Bella Swan.

“RACHEL?” Wait, that’s not in my head that’s real. I turned around frantically, searching for his perfect face to match his perfect voice.

I saw George standing there, with his signature sweet smile. The smile disappeared as he saw my face, obviously seeing my red, bloodshot eyes from crying.

“Oh my god, Rachel I am so sorry.” He said in a sympathetic voice.

I turned back to look at the sea as the tears started streaming down my cheeks again.

He came to sit next to me. “I messed up pretty bad, huh?”

“You could say that,” Was all I managed to choke out.

George lay down on the sand and I placed my head on his chest. I felt the urge to move closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and put his lips to my ear. He whispered the three greatest words in the English dictionary into my ear, “I love you.” The words ran through my body. He then turned me around to face him. I studied his features, remembering each detail.

Brown hair perfectly styled. Brown eyes so deep I felt I would get lost in them.  A Smile so sweet that it melted your heart. This wasn’t just anyone. This was George Shelley. The love of my life.

“I love you too,” I said as he pulled my face towards his. He stopped right before our lips touched and looked into his deep brown eyes. It felt like one of my long lost dreams again, the dreams I’d had before I’d met him. I met his lips in a kiss of gratitude and remembering everyone moment we had had together.

We spent most of the afternoon huddling on the beach. Though we did mostly nothing it was the most perfect moment of my life.

“Oh yeah, I just remembered, you left this at my place when you left.” George reached into his pocket and brought out a necklace.

I stared at it for a moment before grabbing it, “Oh my god! I thought I’d lost it!”

“It’s a pretty locket.” He said.

I frowned at him, “It’s not a locket.” I laughed.

“Yeah it is,” he said almost defensively.

“No it is,” I laughed.

“Give it to me,” he said as I passed it to him.

He swiftly pushed the heart shaped button on back firmly. There was a slight click and it flung open.

"Oh!" I said finally realizing what that had been. I was so stupid somtimes.

Inside the locket was a picture of me and a young fat kid with a sweet smile. On the other side of the locket were the words Rachel & George.

I shook my head thinking I’d seen it wrong. I gaped at it. I looked at George and he smiled.

“I got this when I was 7… from the boy in this picture…. George…” I stuttered.

“Rachel, when I was 9 I met this girl and she was perfect. She was the only nice one at this beach and I was going to be alone for the summer. She wanted to play with me. We spent every day together. She told me to follow my dreams no matter what happens. I got her this locket to make sure she wouldn’t forget me. Now she’s right in front of me, remembering me again.”

Tears of joy started streaming down my cheeks, “George I have been looking for you all my life. You were my one and only true love and I never forgot you. I love you so much.”

There were tears in his eyes too. I decided seeing as he’d told me something I needed to tell him my secret. It was his after all.

“George, I have to tell you something too,” I said looking down at my hands.

“What is it?” he asked in a worried voice.

I looked up with tears in my eyes, “I’m pregnant. You’re the dad. That’s why I’m not going to uni. My mum didn’t want me to go seeing as I was pregnant.”

He gaped for one moment and then enveloped me into a massive bear hug.

“You’re going to be such a great mum.” He said.

“You’re going to be a great dad.” I said back.

I held his hand and his lips touched mine as the beginning of the rest of my life began.