Chapter 3 - Fangirling Like Crazy

It was the day of the concert and I rushed everything. I got up and brush my teeth. Skipped breakfast and went for a shower. I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I then applied subtle make up on. Then I got changed into my clothes.

When I finally went downstairs I looked at the clock to see when she was coming. It was ten o’ clock and Lucy would be picking me up at 12. So I had two hours to kill before Lucy got here. So I decided to go on the laptop and research what songs Union J were singing in the concert.

I typed into Google: union j x factor tour songs.

It came up with Wiki Answers and I click on the link. It said they were playing three songs. Carly Rae Jepson’s call me maybe, Emeli Sande and Labrinth’s beneath your beautiful, and… Taylor Swift’s Love Story. It was the same as the dream.

I then click onto YouTube and typed in “Union J Love Story”. I watched the one where they sang it in week 5 and also the one where they sang it in the semi-finals. I think the realisation that I was going to the concert was finally starting to hit me. I started to get excited and bouncy and I couldn’t sit still.

Suddenly, I realised it was 11.56.a.m! I quickly grabbed my bag in time to hear the doorbell ring. I rushed to get it open and outside was Lucy standing on my doorstep.

“You ready to go?” asked Lucy.

“Yeah, I’m ready.”

*       *       *

The journey up there was short. I, Lucy and Annie spent the whole journey singing to the McFly album I’d bought for Lucy last year and that she always kept it in the car. By the time we got to the arena our voices were almost sore and I hoped it would be better by the time Union J came on.

I looked around at the crowds of people rushing to get in. Some were wearing “I Love You” T-shirts. Some had banners. Some had glow sticks and light up rabbit ears.

I’d come in my jeans and my favourite red shirt with converses. I felt like I should have made a banner for George so he’d know how much I love him, but it was too late now.

“This is it. We’re here. I heard James Arthur is singing Let’s Get It On and Jahmene Douglas is singing angels,” Said Lucy.

“I heard Ella Henderson is singing Rule the World. Can’t wait for all of them! Especially District 3 with Dan! Dan is so hot! He has a six pack and everything!” Squealed Annie as just skipped towards the entrance.

 “I find Christopher Maloney’s voice and genre a bit…cheesy. He’s not my type of artist,” Said Lucy, seeing a group of people walk by with a massive banner saying “WE LOVE YOU CHRIS”.

“I heard Union J is singing Call Me Maybe, Beneath Your Beautiful and Love Story,” I muttered in a quiet voice.

“Of course you would know that!” said Lucy, rolling her eyes.

We handed in our tickets and made our way straight to our seats, where we met up with the rest of the girls.

“Hey! You’re here! It’s starting in fifteen minutes! Can’t wait! Apparently One Direction are going to be here! I can’t wait to see Harry!” said Amelia, jumping up and down.

“Millie, you know that’s just a bunch of rubbish off the internet right? They’re not actually going to be here,” explained Becky, getting slightly frustrated. She hated all the bands we liked especially One Direction. She always got annoyed when we got all fan girly about these types of things.

Amelia look upset after she said that and sound down, almost sulkily, on her seat.

I sat down but I couldn’t sit still. I was soon going to see Union J, mainly George, on the stage I was not 10 feet away from.

I braced myself as the lights went down and the screaming started. Suddenly Dermot O’Leary jumped up onto the stage dancing with some women. It was almost embarrassing, seeing him dance.

“Hello everyone! The afternoon of a lifetime starts right now!” said Dermott O’Leary as the screaming carried and I let myself get sucked into the show.

 What do you think of this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Comment below, rememeber to become my fan and vote for this Chapter. 

GeorgiePayne x