Chapter 7 - Kisses

Chapter 7 - Kisses

12.57. p.m. I watched the clock as it ticked away every second.

12.58. p.m. The time seemed to go slower and slower, like I was leading life in slow motion.

12.59. p.m. I could feel my heart beat in my chest. I didn’t know whether it was because of nerves or excitement or the fact that the window was open sending the cold air into the room, but I was shaking uncontrollably.

13.00. p.m. I stood and started walking slowly towards the door. Nothing happened.

13.03. p.m. He still hadn’t come yet. I told myself to calm down and that he was only three minutes late.

13.07. p.m. 7 minutes late! I was almost ready to admit that he was never coming when the doorbell rang. I quickly rushed to the mirror to check if I looked OK. I was wearing my favourite orange Hollister jumper and my matching orange Van shoes. I decided to put on some mascara on and grabbed the one that my mum always kept by the front door mirror. I started putting it on carefully.

Suddenly George rang the doorbell again which made me jump. I was dreading it but I looked up to see myself in the mirror. I had a massive black swear on the side of my eye. I tried to rub it off but it just made me look like a panda.

“Rachel, I know you’re in there,” he said in a joking voice. “If you don’t open the door before I get to five I’m leaving. 1, 2, 3, 4-“I swung the door open.

I looked at him and I smiled, “Hey,” I said.

I could see from his face that he was supressing laughter.

“You can laugh if you want, but I can’t get it off.” I told him, my smile vanishing.

“I have a facial wipe in my bag,” he said smiling my favourite smile.

“Why would you have facial wipes with you?” I asked confused.

“A boy scout is always prepared,” he said, saluting. I giggled and he got the packet out of his pocket and took one out. I reached out for him to give it to me but he pulled it away.

“I’ll do it. Now close your eyes so that I do it without poking your eye out. I don’t need to cause any more injuries for you.”

I closed my eyes and felt the warmth of his had beneath the wipe. Suddenly, his was against my cheek. I kept my eyes closed to savour the moment. He seemed to be moving closer to me. I opened my eyes and his face was just inches away from mine. I wanted more than anything to kiss him at that moment. His lips were so irresistible and kissable.

As if he read my mind he gave a short kiss, but one that contained so much. His kiss was amazing and I knew that probably one day have to live without it. I couldn’t bear that thought. It was like dangling a life that I could never have in front of my face whenever I was with George. I wished that I could be with him forever.

“Let’s get to the car OK?” he asked smiling at me once he’d pulled away from the kiss. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the door only stopping to let me shut it. I suddenly was looking around at anyone who might be around.

I saw a group of girls from my school that looked at me with mean scowls seeing me with George. I think George must have seen them because half way up the path he stopped me.

He put his lips to my ear, “Do you like those girls?” he asked in a quiet whisper.

“No they’re always mean to me,” I said not wanting to sound like a child but not having any other way of putting it.

I took his lips away from my ear and put them to my lips. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw the group of girls gape and I smiled behind the kiss.

What do you think of this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Comment below, rememeber to become my fan and vote for this Chapter. 

GeorgiePayne x