Lantern Lamps

~•~

The breeze was light. It was middle of summer and the heat blazing. You were at the field, watching the sun setting down. Pft, the sun. You roll your eyes to yourself.
That damn sun. Thoughts were swirling in your mind like a hurricane.
He's got to be fake. Just like my father... I mean that man.

Am I being too rude? Why am I acting like this to him though? I shouldn't generalise, but all he did was flirt. And that's what made you fall for him, idiot.

You bury your head in your crossed arms. Your thighs close to your stomach.
You weren't going to stereotype...

You take a broad breath in.

...Your gonna go tell him!

With a skip in your step, you bounce up and rush over to the benches near the hall. He was usually there with-

...Raemi.

With applying pressure with your palm on the bench, you skip a right towards him.
You watch the situation unfold, with the great smile creeping upside down. He jokingly pins her to the wall and pushes a strand of hair behind her ears. He ends up erupting in laughter and distancing himself. Raemi looked like she was loving every single second of it.
Your heart pounds and you feel cold. A bitter cold.
Your arms fall beside you. Jimin looks up at you with raised eyebrows.
Your heart drops. Fast. Really fast. Jimin glances at Raemi and waves.

Raemi: Hey.
You awkwardly hold your hands. Then speedily change your hand position to holding your chin and wave back.

Y/N: He-Hi?
After smiling at Rae, you take a sneak peak at Jimin. His lips were awkward and surprised.

You make a last grin and breathe before running your way back.
Your mind creates a brief picture of Jimin smiling. That damn smile-
And how caring he is with everyone. So sweet and caring.
You end up grinning thinking about him but scold yourself.
Were you scared to fall in love? It's not right to generalise, idiot! but it's so hard not to, because you experienced and saw a sick love story right in front of you. Too damn scared. You groan and find your solitary spot on the field.

Jungkook sees your figure and raises a curious an eyebrow. He was surprised because you usually would play around with people.

Jungkook: Hey.

Y/N: Yo. What you doing here?

Jungkook: I was looking for raemi...

Y/N: Raemi, huh?
You wiggle your eyebrows.

Jungkook: You know we don't talk much anymore-

Y/N: Probably with jimin.
You knew they didn't talk much and didn't know why. You wanted to know from your best friend but haven't been hearing much from her lately.
You laugh. Jungkook raises an eyebrow at your bitter laugh.
Jungkook was there for you and he didn't realise. He didn't speak about feelings neither did you, but was just there for you. That was enough.
He holds out his palm and you look up at him.

Jungkook: It's getting late and we have an activity to do today.

Y/N: Better be fun.
You take his hand and wipe the grass of your ass.