"It's the only way to look at it."

A/N - I'm back! I took a little break from writing these stories for a few weeks, I didn't intend to but it happened. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and thanks for sticking with this story so far.

***

Chinese take-out in hand, Kara walked into Lena's building without issue, using the back door instead of the front. The front door was a big no with the paparazzi hanging around waiting for some glimpse of them or Supergirl arriving was a pain, it made everything much harder to orchestrate without anyone noticing that there was in fact only two of them.

It would have made some sense to drop in as Supergirl since as Kara she was getting in completely unnoticed, but where would the fun be in that. The sun was already starting to set, once it was gone completely, they could make it look like Supergirl used Lena's balcony in the dark. Not the most fool-proof plan they had, but it was better than anything else they had conjured up.

A private elevator and palm scanner later and she was on her way up to Lena's apartment without having to talk to a single person. It was bliss. Today she'd already tried to coax a jumper back from the ledge of a bridge and coordinated with the fire department on a fire in a warehouse by the docks. Showering twice she hoped had got the smell of fish and smoke from her hair, but she wasn't convinced and the last thing she wanted to do was smell Lena's apartment out. Everything in her place was pristine, she absolutely refused to ruin anything, even if it was just with the lingering smell of fish and smoke.

Knocking on the door, it opened after a second, Lena's heartbeat telling her she had been waiting on the other side of the door. Revealing the inside of Lena's apartment, she was ushered in by Lena who took one of the takeout bags from her.

"Darling, did you buy the entire place?" Laughing, she pushed the door closed as soon as Kara was past the door.

Placing the bag of food on the kitchen counter, she turned to Lena who was emptying the other bag onto the counter, several dishes mixing together to create the most delicious smell to permeate the air. Kara was almost drooling.

"You're the one that has the habit of buying businesses."

Lena side-eyed her, smirking. "Are you complaining? That habit saved you from working for Edge."

Taking off her jacket, Kara hung it up by the door next to two of Lena's. "Why would I ever complain about that?"

Coming back to the kitchen, Lena stepped into Kara, wrapping her arms around her waist as Kara's came around her too. "Because it kept me in your life and our friendship is what led us to be stranded on another Earth." Her voice grew quiet, whispering into the bubble around them as Lena snuggled herself as close to Kara as possible.

Kara tightened her hold on Lena. "The way I see it, it was being stranded on another Earth that got us to admit our feelings and that we have basically been dating for a long time."

It was true, they both knew it. Lena smiled into Kara's shoulder. "That is one way to look at it."

Kissing the top of Lena's head, Kara leant her cheek against her. "It's the only way to look at it." Squeezing her one last time, she pulled back enough to see Lena's face. "And our food is getting cold, so personally, I would like to eat then curl up with you."

Lena sighed. "Only after we fake a photo, so the world thinks there's two of you."

At that Kara sagged, she'd been doing her best not to think about that, about creating an account for Supergirl and faking a photo because the world was too invested in their personal lives. But if it kept her identity safe, it had to be done.

Disentangling themselves, they dished up everything, Kara surrounded by triple the amount of food than Lena. They ate in comfortable silence, neither one wanting to break the calm and domestic atmosphere between them. As they sat at the dining table, empty containers spread between them, the sun lowered. Shadows encroaching through the apartment with the floor-to-ceiling windows.

By the time they were ready to think of moving from the table, night surrounded them, and it was time for their plan to take place. Using her super speed Kara changed into her suit, sneaking (as much as one can sneak from a balcony from the penthouse of a building) into the sky above Len's building.

Night air cleared her mind as she floated above the city, a block or two from Lena's apartment, L-Corp's logo shining on the side of the building not far away. She knew this was the best way to keep her identity, but at the same time, it wasn't going to be easy. Why would anything in her life be easy?

She made sure to do a lap of the city before slowly dropping to Lena's balcony, the chances of being caught arriving were 50/50 but the photo they were going to stage would tell a few people she was there. The balcony was unlocked, not that Lena would have locked it in the last few minutes since she left. It would have been counterproductive.

Inside, Lena had been busy, getting Kara's phone set up on a stand facing the couch. "Looks like we're almost all set."

Lena laughed, made sure the camera was locked in place and moved to give her a kiss. A kiss she was pulled into for long seconds. Kissing each other was something they wished they could do forever and was a mystery why they waited so long. Moments like this made it difficult to understand why it had taken getting stranded for them to admit everything.

When they finally pulled apart, Kara leant her forehead against Lena's. "Let's get this over with."

"Lets."

Lena led her over to the couch, letting Kara drop onto the couch face down and shuffle to get comfy, a not-so-difficult feat. Part of her felt like sleeping the moment her head hit the couch cushion. If she hadn't been focused on Lena's heartbeat, she would have missed her moving around her, getting the camera just right and settling on the other side of the couch.

Laughter filled the room as Kara lay, face down on the couch, her cape covering her like a blanket. She was laughing at the Super, knowing how close to sleep she got the longer she lay there. "Stop laughing at me."

"I'm sorry, but you look like a little kid curled up under a blanket, not the larger-than-life Girl of Steel we see in the news." Lena managed to stop laughing long enough to cover her with a blanket from the back of the couch. "Let's see how this picture looks, shall we?"

Despite just being covered by a blanket, Kara pushed herself up, held onto the corners of the blanket over her shoulders and shuffled over to Lena and her phone. "I hope that photo works because I could fall asleep if I stay lying on the couch."

Lena grinned and looked at the image completely, zooming in to make sure no detail could be picked apart. "It works, now do you want me to sort your account while you get changed and showered? Because you still smell a little like fish and although I love you, you aren't getting into my bed with silk sheets until you have at least one more shower."