"Am I preparing for war?"

Lexa

Waiting for Clarke to come back was torture, thinking Bellamy might have done something to get revenge. It was taking everything Lexa had not to follow them into the trees and see Clarke safe with her own eyes, she was about to follow when she spotted them coming back, neither of them overly happy.

Clarke immediately found Lexa's gaze as she got closer, a smile twitching the edges of her lips. "Am I preparing for war?" Although she tried to speak quietly, some of those around her heard the question and were now paying attention.

Waiting until she was within arms lengths of the brunette, Clarke shook her head. "No." Lexa's smile got slightly bigger, the will to keep a straight face faltering at the good news. "But we do have some things to talk about."

Nodding, Lexa motioned for the blonde to follow her, the pair leaving the clearing for the cave they had been sharing with the others. It didn't take her long to hear the addded steps behind them, even less to know who it was as they came close to the entrance. Going inside, the chill of the night air turned marginally warmer.

"Nice of you to join us." Lexa spoke as the vines at the cave entrance moved, the entirety of their group having managed to sneak away or blantantly leave.

Clarke looked at the faces of her friends. "I guess you were all going to hear it anyway." Everyone waited to hear what she had to say. "Bellamy wants an alliance..." Several faces brightened at the fact, "but there's a catch." the faces dropped.

Lexa stepped closer. "What do you mean, catch?" She frowned at Clarke's wording.

Clarke looked around the room as she spoke. "Bellamy has agreed that Skaikru will join the coalition... on the agreement that they have as little contact with Grounders as possible."

Lexa's frown deepened, Luna spoke up confused. "How would that even work?"

"I will stay in Polis as the Ambassador and use the radio to communicate with Arkadia concerning any problems or solutions we could provide. Wherever possible Raven, Octavia or my Mother will be sent to deal with problems involving other clans," Clarke stopped, "and I will never set foot in Arkadia again."

As expected several in the cave start complaining, one more than others. "Who does my brother think he is ordering that?!" Octavia glared at Clarke.

Lexa stood waiting - it was odd of Bellamy to demand such a thing - to see if her thoughts were correct. "Bellamy didn't order anything. It was all my idea, the only way I could see to appease the clans and stop Skaikru from declaring war on the coalition."

Silence fell as everyone processed what Clarke had said, Lexa weighing the logistics of such a proposition against the wants of the clans silently. While she was happy Clarke would be staying in Polis permanently, part of her worried she agreed solely out of duty to her people and had no feelings for the brunette at all.

Luna broke the silence. "Could such an agreement even work? Ambassadors are required to return to their clans every few months." Several Skaikru frowned at the statement, looking for clarification.

"Ambassadors are only required to return to understand how and if their clans need help from me and other clans. Given Skaikru's tech, I don't see a reason why such a proposal shouldn't work as an alternative. Not only would it allow for greater understanding of problems, but it would also allow us to help quicker with the two day ride not needed." As she was speaking, an idea occurred, "In fact, if possible it would be a great asset if implemented within existing clans in the future."

Raven thought out loud. "Radios on that scale would need relay stations to boost the signals in order to reach Polis, but I guess with the right material such a  thing is possible. Mount Weather's radio would be a great start, assuming the clans wouldn't object to us using their tech to help communications for everyone?"

"But," No one liked the tone in Clarke's voice. "first you need to decide what happens with Hannah." Several faces in the cave dropped, remembering what happened with Finn all too clearly.

Lexa sighed, "She tried to kill not only an Ambassador, but me too. Those crimes alone would be a death sentence, I would lose my head letting her live." It was an easy choice for her, blood must have blood, it was only her attachment to the people around her that made her hesitate. "To begin this alliance Bellamy hands over Hannah and Lincoln-"

"Lincoln?" Octavia looked up from her place leaning against the wall. The poor girl had barely been sleeping with the thought that Lincoln may be dead.

Nodding, Lexa looked at Octavia. "Yes. Raven found a lock engaged on their system that we believe was engineered by Monty to hold Lincoln. Before anything we get him back." Octavia picked up at the hope of Lincoln alive, the quiet letting Lexa continue. "Then Skaikru remove their people from the Mountain back into Arkadia and all that is left is for someone to take the brand."

Everyone nodded, the day catching up with them as they began to yawn. Wordlessly Luna started helping Raven to the back of the cave, Octavia lay down near the wall and everyone just seemed to agree that it was time to sleep.

Kara

Lay in the cave in the early hours of the morning, Kara's ears perked up at the sound of someone getting up and leaving. Keeping an ear on them she gave them a few minutes before following them out of the cave, the chilly air a little colder as the wind blew both blonde's hair back.

"What do you want Kara?" Clarke's voice was quiet, not wanting to wake anyone else.

Walking closer, Kara stood next to Clarke as the younger blonde watched the stars. "To make sure you're okay? The choice you made today was a hard one." Looking up, Kara tried to find Krypton's Sun among the many.

"I've made impossible choices, so this one was easy." Clarke folded her arms, running her hands along the tops of them to keep warm.

Kara gave up looking and faced Clarke. "Making impossible choices doesn't take away from how difficult another can be." No reply. "I have made plenty of hard and impossible decisions in my life; I have gone on suicide missions, fought family, lied to friends and none of them get easier because I've done worse. I had the chance to go home, to live in the last remaining city of Krypton with my Mother and live a normal life - something I have wanted since I got to Earth when I was thirteen - and I said no."

Kara could feel Clarke's eyes on her for a moment before she looked back to the sky. "Why? If making the decisions you have to, why not go home?"

"Because Krypton isn't home, Argo wasn't home. It was my blood yes, but my home is on Earth with Alex and my friends... and Lena." Kara caught Clarke's eye. "Lying to her these last few years has been killing me. At first it was the same because I can't just tell anyone who I am, but then I was selfish. Since I became Supergirl I never had someone that only knew me as Kara - I told my best friend straight away and my cousin told his friend to keep an eye on me. The Danvers' knew of course and the DEO knew and Mon-El knew because he was from another planet, so when Lena appeared in my life and loved me for me... I couldn't tell her."

Kara took a moment and continued. "I wanted to tell her but I didn't want to lose the smile she would give me, just me, Kara. She never expected anything Super from me, simply a friend and after a while I refused to tell her if I could avoid to."

Clarke turned to the trees. "Not that I don't enjoy this story, but why are you telling me?"

Chuckling, Kara picked up movement inside the cave. "I'm telling you because it's okay to admit that you aren't willing to give up the person that sees you for you, Clarke."

Just as she finished talking Luna emerged from the cave along with Lexa and Octavia. "Hey, what are you two doing up?" Octavia looked between the two standing several feet from the cave.

"What are you two doing up? It's not time to get up already is it?" Clarke frowned, she hadn't gotten the time so wrong had she?

"Not far off. We were just going to go hunting for breakfast, check the traps and see what we can find. Do you want to join?" Lexa looked to Clarke, hoping she would agree.

"I would love to, but I should get a little more sleep while I can, I didn't really sleep that well last night." Smiling, Clarke went to go back inside the cave, careful not to wake the others up. Nodding, Lexa watched her go back inside and almost forgot to follow the other two into the trees.