Reunions Anyone?

Clarke

Clarke saw Lexa in Lena's threat of Kara, even if she didn't know what she meant by Kara x-raying her without permission. Now wasn't the time to ask though, as Lena left no chance for questions before moving to lie down. Anya didn't see such movements as a reason to stop the conversation, instead directing her question to Kara.

Anya shifted slightly to look at Kara, her hand within reach of her knife, should she need it. "What does she mean?"

Kara looked resigned, and part of Clarke wondered if she had trusted the childlike blonde too early. "On our Earth, there are people from different planets, aliens. Most are there because they can't go home, whether it be because they would be killed or the planet is gone, that is the main reason aliens are on our Earth. I'm a refugee on our Earth. My home planet was destroyed and there is only me and my cousin left. The yellow sun gave us powers, powers we both use to help others. I help protect my city and our Earth with my cousin. One of my powers is x-ray vision, that's why I wear glasses. They are lined with lead and helped control my powers when I first arrived on Earth." If they had been shocked before, Clarke knew they were speechless. Aliens? That wasn't possible, surely.

There had to be a way to test it, a way they could know Kara couldn't fool them. "If any of this is true, what is hanging around my neck under my top?" It didn't surprise her that she was asking this question, Anya wasn't fazed either, Kara looked like she had just been asked to do something completely wrong. "I need a way to test this, asking for you to see something I know you can't have yet is the only way."

Kara pulled her glasses down a little before squinting slightly in Clarke's direction. This only lasted a moment and she was looking away again. "A watch. You have a watch hanging around your neck. It's old and has a crack in the clock face."

"Anya, this just got more complicated. Not only are they here without Heda's knowledge or approval, but Kara isn't human. We need to reach Heda before they reach Arkadia."

"Sha, Heda must be made aware of this, and approve of our attempts to get them home, the sooner the better." Anya made her way to a section of floor in the camp to sleep, they were well hidden, no one needed to keep watch.

Clarke followed Anya's lead and moved to find a section of floor to sleep, Kara did the same she could see, choosing to be as close to Lena as the brunette would allow in the camp. Clarke drifted to sleep her brain so full of information and worries no nightmares plagued her for once.

They had managed to wake before first light and have Kara and Lena up and ready soon after. The group and been walking all morning and were close to Arkadia's perimeter with no sight of Lexa yet. Another hour and they would be reaching the tree line before Arkadia itself.

Kara stopped first, Clarke almost walking into her back, before Anya stopped in front of the blonde, Lena unlike Clarke unable to stop herself from walking into her back. Clarke heard it moments later, the sounds of Trikru, they were faint but there. Ducking behind a tree, she watched as the others did the same, Lena held by Anya to make it quicker.

It didn't take long before they could see hear the first hushed whispers on the breeze. Trikru, from their accent. Anya came to the same conclusion and whistled. The tune nothing more than a bird call, yet the answering call seconds later had Anya stepping from behind her tree.

Clarke knew what this meant and she wasn't ready. She didn't want to face her, not yet, she wasn't strong enough. Still she stepped from behind her tree and stopped at the sight before her.

Lexa. Standing among three other Trikru, you wouldn't know this was the Commander if you didn't know her already, she wore none of her identifying armour. Not yet.