The Details in the Deal

Clarke

Finishing up with breakfast, Clarke looked up when a pair of shoes entered her vision. Abi's pinched face greeted her, something Clarke had been hoping to avoid a little longer.

"Mum, what do you want?" Not in the mood to deal with her Mother claiming she was making the wrong decision again, Clarke looked back down to the fire at her feet.

"I wanted to talk to you." Simple, or it should be.

With the fire completely out, Clarke stood to face Abi bored of a conversation she wasn't even having yet. "You want to ask why I would offer such a solution when the answer is simple; Arkadia isn't home and it never was."

Abi sighed, "I just want to make sure you know what you are doing. Lexa has already betrayed us once-"

"And it cost her power. Betraying Skaikru while not wise could be possible," Abi's face turned shocked at her daughter's blatant admission of betrayal. "but betraying me would be a death sentence. Wanheda whether Skaikru want to admit it is the only reason Arkadia isn't a pile of ashes already. Mount Weather made me a symbol just short of the Commander for the clans - most of whom want me dead - or under the laws of the Coalition. Not that I would ever stay, I killed the boy I loved on the hill overlooking Arkadia and see Mount Weather with every person I saved."

Taking a breath I let what I was saying sink in. "This way I'm making sure our people are safe and giving myself a chance at peace." Standing her ground Clarke waited for a reaction, something to say she was okay or annoyed at the idea of letting her daughter leave, an answer that came after a solid minute of silence between the two of them.

Glancing at the rest of the cave in the silence, Clarke noticed it was empty, everyone was already outside, apparently agreeing that this was a conversation no one else wanted to overhear or be a part of. "Fine." With her Mother's voice, Clarke looked into her eyes to find nothing but love and understanding. "Just be careful and stay safe."

Breathing out a laugh the blonde nodded, "I will try, but we need to get through today first."

Gesturing to the front of the cave, Abi took a step towards it in the hopes her daughter would follow. With no one else inside the two fell back into silence, neither knowing if or what they could say to the other at this point. As expected everyone was waiting outside, some already talking about the potential events for the day.

Separating from her Mother, Clarke joined Lexa, Luna, Raven, Octavia, Kara and Lena off to the side mid-way through a conversation. "...should be leaving soon if we want this finished today."

Raven spotted her first. "Hey, about time you appeared. We're ready to go if you're ready?"

She glanced at Lexa in the hopes of a clue over the conversation and got a guarded look. Great, they were doing something difficult all day. Although that wasn't saying much.

"Let's go." Without context it wasn't hard for Clarke to guess at their destination with a scan of everyone around her.

Raven

Walking was a bitch and by the time they reached the clearing for Arkadia Raven's back was drenched in sweat. She couldn't wait to get to Sara's friend that would be able to help her, getting rid of the pain alone would be the best gift at this point. Lexa stopped short of the tree line, the group of them waiting for instructions.

"Clarke and Octavia come with me. Raven and Luna go and do whatever is needed to make the radio work from Polis." Her tone gave no room for debate, but Sara seemed to want to give one anyway.

"What about us? You asked us here and don't want our help?"

Raven could see Lexa restraining herself from reaching for her dagger. "You and Kara stay here just in case. Ideally I don't want any reason for Kara or yourself to be needed but I'm not going to leave you at the cave if you're here." Sara nodded at the explanation, but from the look in her eyes she already knew that, she was just pushing buttons.