I'm sorry

Raven

Walking with Luna and a guard to her tent, Raven wasn't sure she was able to handle the tense silence hanging between the two of them; but what can you say to the wife of the woman you liked? The only good thing is that now she knew what Anya meant when she said it was complicated.

People stared as they passed, some curious and some glaring at Luna. By the time they reached Raven's tent some people had gotten bored of their arrival, having gone back to whatever they were previously doing. The gaurd escorting them hesitated a good few feet from Raven's tent, obviously not wanting to get too close.

"Nothing is going to spontaniously combust because you walked in, but by all means stay out here." Pushing past him, Raven went inside as Luna followed.

Everything was as she had left it, no one brave enough to step inside for fear of exploding. Stepping up to the table a radio was already sat there from her work with Lena at the beginning of this mess, a time that seems so far away. Wincing, Raven pushed the pain to the back of her mind and started work on the radio for Clarke.

Luna didn't seem to know what to do and sat on the makeshift bed to watch her work. This was the case for several minutes, the two of them in the small space silent, Raven working on autopilot, her mind focused on a particular General.

"I'm sorry." She didn't even realise she was speaking, even as she heard her words break the quiet.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Turning, Raven found Luna looking at her, a calm beauty in the scene before her; the leader of a clan sat in her tent being nothing, doing nothing as Raven worked.

"Yes I do." Leaning back against the table, Raven tried to take some of the weight from her leg and caught Luna's eye. "I never would have persued anything if I'd known." She didn't understand, but she needed Luna to know she wouldn't have stood in the way had Anya still been alive.

Luna saw the way Raven was holding herself and stood to get her to sit down. "I know." With a gentle hand, Luna guided and helped Raven to the bed to sit.

Once more, a silence fell between the two of them, this one filled with more tension than the last. Raven wasn't sure what she could say and Luna didn't have anything she needed to say, Anya made her choice a long time ago and she couldn't blame her for liking the crazy brunette beside her.

"You are a better person than me, I couldn't show Clarke half the understanding and I wasn't married." Raven's words were strangled at the thought of Finn, the wound still fresh even after so much had happened.

"You've been through this before?"

Nodding, Raven looked from her hands to Luna. "My boyfriend - Finn - was sent down here with Clarke and in the ten days it took me to follow he had fallen in love with her. We ended things, but the idea that he could forget me so quickly was heartbreaking. So believe me, if I had know about you, I wouldn't have even thought about being anything more than friends with Anya."

Luna searched her eyes. "You speak of him with such sadness, I'm sorry." Raven didn't need to be looking into her eyes to know that Luna was being sincere, that she meant every word.

"You didn't kill him, you have nothing to be sorry for." Refusing to let herself think of what happened on the hill overlookng camp, Raven stood up and started working again, leaving Luna to watch her again.

It didn't take long before the radio was finished and Raven turned to find Luna standing at her side, scaring her. "Oh God!" Steadying herself with the table, Raven looked at woman now next to her. "First of all, don't do that. Second, how long have you been stood there?"