Problems

Lexa

Going back to the riders had been easy with the Chancellor's blessing, it was remaining there for so long that had made her return somewhat slow. It seemed spending that much time 'collecting gear' as the guards said wasn't an effective use of time.

She had debated using some excuse or another, but didn't bother as Lexa never needed to give a reason for her absence. Least of all to some low-level Skikru guard. Why couldn't something be easy for once? Lexa had their packs in hand and once in the walls of Arkadia, none of the guards that had delayed her entrance put up resistance to her walking unaided around their camp.

It didn't take long to return to the meeting room they had been in earlier, noting the guards still standing outside. Opening the door without knocking, Lexa was somewhat surprised to see Clarke and Kara sitting on the floor silently. She didn't show her surprise, but the look in Clarke's eyes told her she saw it.

"What's wrong?" Clarke asked as soon as the door clicked shut behind Lexa. Why did that woman see everything?

"Why would you believe there is something wrong?" She was stoic, Kara was obviously confused to the two's conversation, given there was no indication for such concerns.

"You're here, for one." Lexa didn't know what to make of that response, either she admitted something was wrong, or she admitted to wanting to see her sooner than planned.

"That-"

"You also still have our packs in your hands." Clarke was smirking at her. Even if Kara didn't fully understand what had just happened, the other two women knew full well that Clarke had just saved the Commander from becoming a stuttering mess.

"Yes. There is a problem. Whilst collecting our gear a messenger has informed me that Azgeda are seeking to garner sympathy for a coup upon my return. I have to leave for Polis immediately. Preferably with you and at least either Kara or Lena joining me."

Kara piped up at the mention of her or Lena's departure. "Why would you need either me or Lena? We just got here."

Clarke answered for her, "She needs to tell the ambassadors her reasons for her delay to Arkadia, meaning she needs proof that you and Lena are not a threat. To do that she needs at least one of you to accompany her to speak before the clan representatives in a more official setting." As usual, Clarke was right, she was born for this, had so much knowledge with the little time she had been occupying the role, so much experience already.

"Yes. I also require Clarke's presence due to the notoriety of Wanheda. Her staying here without me present could spark Azgeda to make a targeted attack on Clarke's life in order to aid Nia's coup against me. Nia is a threat to all, and if she attacks, she will not leave the innocent alive." Kara nodded to my explanation, thinking it over in her head.

"I'll come with you." Clarke went to speak, to make sure of her decision, but was cut off before she cut utter a word. "Lena and Raven need time to start working on a way home. Her leaving won't get us home any quicker. Besides, if we hear of trouble while in Polis I can be here in five minutes, not a day."

"What do you mean by, 'you can be here in five minutes?' that's impossible." Lexa knew the impossible is what this woman did, but still she needed to know.

"I can fly, super fast. Pun intended." Chuckling at her own joke, Kara lifted off the floor about a foot in height to prove her point. My hand was on the hilt of my sword at my waist on instinct.

I relaxed my grip on my sword, "Okay. The three of us leave in ten minutes. We will not be stopping this evening, we must get back as soon as possible. Kara, would you go and tell Lena and Anya they must stay here to work with Raven? I need to speak with Clarke."