Chapter 2: The Only Option.

"It is not that simple. She is not thinking through it properly." Mihir says. He is wearing a yellow t-shirt on a dark ripped jean.

"But what else can we do? What about everyone there? They need our support Mihir." Says Zoya, her short curly hair reaches her upper shoulders. She is wearing a check shirt and a dark jean. She is also holding a bunch of pink colored leaflets.

On her right is sitting Derek and Abhirup on her left sat Mihir and Ganika. All of them are sitting around a wooden table that is set at the very end of the medium sized library room which was practically empty. Some papers, leaflets and pens are scattered on the table infront of them.

The door opens and in steps a girl in a navy blue kurti. She looks directly at the table where others are already sitting. She then closes the door and moves towards it.

"How did you make it Sudha?" Asks Derek. His black orbs filled with worry. He is what one can call a tall, dark and handsome guy, sitting right beside Zoya in a white t-shirt and dark blue jean. He stands up and drags out a chair for her to sit.

"I told Tulip ma'am about everything. She is very much eager to help us. And she allowed me to leave a little early till we find out how to help "Ashroy" (meaning "shelter')." She says placing her side bag on the table.
"See Sudha, Mihir is saying that you are taking too much of risk." Zoya says looking a little worried.
"I agree." Derek adds.

To this her eyebrows furrow and her face reflects her inner worry.
"I know you all are worried about my safety and it's not that I'm not, but trust me I have no other options. The members of "Ashroy", they are more than family to me. I can never let them go homeless." She pauses for a moment then continues, "The day they received the notice I was at my school, taking a class. Baburam bhai called me. You wanna know what he said, he said "Sudha didi I told the kids and the elders that everything will be fine, you and your friends will find a way out. They have nothing to worry about."" She stops, her eyes showing a hint of tears. All of them go silent for a few seconds.

"Fine. We all are with you no matter what but please save some of your tears for the day I'm getting married to this dumbass!" Ganika says pointing towards Mihir.

Everyone looks at them in surprise.

"Now when did this happen?" Asks Abhirup.

"Yes, like as far as I could remember you both decided to break up for the thousandth time. Wasn't it Derek?" Asks Zoya. To which she gets slapped on the back of her head by Mihir.
"Ouch.. it hurt you Douchebag." She shouts at Mihir, punching him on his shoulder.

Everyone including Vasudha starts laughing on their usual tantrums. They were sitting inside the library of "Ashroy". The place that gave shelter to so many homeless and helpless people. That provided food and education to its kids. The place that gave them the feeling of safety was now no more safe.

They were ordered to vacate the place within 15 working days. The huge family will be broken into pieces. Because suddenly after so many years the owner decided to sell this place off. They have tried to communicate with him but at first he was not picking it up then surprisingly it turned invalid.

Although they have appealed against the notice because the whole thing screams illegal but fighting against The D' Imperium can never be easy where they are getting no support from the owner's end at all. That is why Vasudha decided to raise a public protest against it. She has started spreading awareness leaflets regarding the whole matter but hardly got any response from the people. She knew there is only one option left to keep her extended family together. She needs to get into the frontline.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"But one of the plots consists a home for homeless kids and aged people, how are you planning to compensate them?" One of the reporters asks the woman who just came out of her highly expensive car.
She is wearing a dark blue blazer over floral blouse on a cream colored pencil skirt. Her hair is pulled into a professional bun and her sunglasses covered her eyes.

"We have bought some ten plots in a row. The previous owners sold the plots to us after completion of every single legal procedure. So practically The D' Imperium has no responsibilities towards the previous inhabitants of any of the plots." She says as curtly as possible.

"But there is a rising protest Ms. Maya? How is The D' Imperium going to deal with it?" Asks another female reporter.

To this Maya turns her face towards the reporter and says,
"We cannot solve everybody's problems. The owners sold the plots willingly. And you cannot expect us to take the responsibility of parenting the whole country, can you? They can protest against anything, it's a free country. I don't think it has anything to do with us. " She answers.

"But they have appealed against you and also the previous owner, they are protesting against this publically now. How are you going to handle that?" The reporter adds.

"That should be our concern as far as I can see." She starts to move forward but another question makes her pause.

"And when are we going to see the man behind the name? Isn't it a little odd that we have only heard about Mr.Danuj D and never seen him?"

Maya releases a sigh and without turning says, "When he decides to show himself you'll get the chance all as well. Till then be happy to see me." Saying that she enters the building.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Ojas, it is getting out of our hands. He needs to intervene. Otherwise I might fail to control the situation this time." Maya was talking to someone over phone. She stands up from her chair and walks to the glass wall. All she can see is a thick crowd of media gathered around the building.

"You know asking him to intervene comes with it's own risks. You don't want to anger him, do you?" He says.

"No, but I don't want to risk his exposure to the world as well. The way it is going it won't be surprising if he is brought to the limelight. Something he wouldn't want. So ask him to come down to Kolkata. It can't be done if he keeps staying back at Delhi." She says closing the curtain.

" She says closing the curtain