Chapter 3: Meet The Dark.

The phone keeps vibrating

The phone keeps vibrating. It is placed on a wooden bedside table. The phone screen seems to be the only source of light within the whole dark room. A rough and manly hand grabs it.

"What do you want Ojas?" The deep and heavy voice utters.

"And you think I will come to Kolkata for such an unimportant matter? Ask her to handle it herself. She is getting paid for what?!" He adds and disconnects the call immediately.

He sits up and puts a t-shirt on, that was previously lying on the floor. He then slides his hand under the pillow and brings out a lighter. The cell phone vibrates again but he doesn't look at it and brings out a cigarette from the case lying on the same table. He lowers his head a little to light the cigarette and exhales a ring of smoke.

Finally his eyes move to the phone. He grabs it and opens a message sent from an unknown number. Then he presses the home button and dials a number saved as " J.K. Sinha". He stands up and turns the speaker on. Leaving the phone on the table, he moves towards the black curtains that covered the glass wall.

"Yes, J.K. Sinha here." The person says from the other end. From the voice he seems to be an aged man.

"Greetings Mr. Sinha. How are you doing these days?" He asks calmly while opening the curtains. The room fills with light. Although not enough to brighten up the gloomy atmosphere.

"W-who is this?" Mr. Sinha asks, nervousness evident in his voice.

"Why so nervous Mr. Sinha. You are behaving as if you already know.. who I am?" His voice holds an amused tone.

"D-Danuj.. Danuj D' ?" Mr. Sinha stutters.

"Well, you really seem to know me already. Yes.. it is Danuj.. Danuj D." He says.

"What do you want from me? How did you get my number?" Mr. Sinha's desperate voice echoes his fear.

"You really think your number is a huge deal? Grow up Mr. Sinha. You know I can do a lot more than that. As an example, here, sending you some pictures of your daughter entering her school. Or how about this one, she, eating something with her friends inside this cozy restaurant. I have also watched her.." Danuj is interrupted by Mr. Sinha.
"Please stop! She is just a child. Don't do this to her." Mr. Sinha pleaded.

"Hey, I would obviously not do anything to her. You think that low of me?" He asks in a softer tone and pauses.

"Then start thinking even lower Mr. Sinha. Do you remember, the small office romance you had with your assistant. Wh- what was her name?.... Yes, Alisha. Isn't it?" He adds in his venomous voice.

"What about her? What did you do to her?!" Mr. Sinha shouted.

"Easy..easy Mr. Sinha. I have done nothing. I just have her captive. And she has disclosed a few very unimportan things about your relationship with her. Not much, but it can definitely ruin your happy and prosperous lifestyle. That's it." He says throughout being cold.

"Oh God! What do you want from me?" Mr. Sinha asks helplessly.

"Again not much, only 10%, 10% of the share you hold. No worries, the floating shares are already mine. So adding 10% from your share just makes it a 60% and makes me the owner of the majority." He pauses.

Mr. Sinha fails to respond.

"Speechless? It's okay. You have two days. And you always have the option to say the truth to your family. Have a great day ahead Mr. Sinha. It was nice talking to you." With this he disconnects the call.

He looks outside. The bright sunlight reaches his face but it fails to add life to those cold as death, gray eyes. They are lifeless, cruel and mysterious. His tanned bronze skin, sharp jawline and pointed nose would have made him flawless like a God but the deep scar that starts from his left eyebrow and ends at the right side of his chin makes him look like exactly what he is: the Devil. He keeps standing infront of that glass wall, half naked, showing off the perfectly sculpted muscles and abs.

He was about to throw the filter of his cigarette when the phone starts vibrating again. He throws that into the dustbin anyhow and receives the call.

"Yes, Ojas?" He says in his cold voice.

"I am really sorry to disturb you boss, but I think you should turn on the TV immediately." Ojas says as  confidently as possible.

"Hold on." Danuj adds and moves towards the door. He opens it and steps into a huge hall that is decorated with some expensive furniture and paintings. A huge LED TV is looking back at him from the dark brown wall. He turns it on and changes it to a news channel.

"It has already been two weeks and the protest continues. They want justice for the inhabitants of "Ashroy" and they are not ready to give up at all. The social media is flooding with the regularly growing supporters. The crowd behind me says it all. Have a look." The journalist turns around and the camera focuses on a huge field and every inch of which is filled with crowd. Most of them seem holding various placards. If one says, "Bann The D' Imperium" then other says, " We want answers Mr. Danuj D."

At the center of the field is a small stage that has a podium from where a young lady is addressing the crowd regarding the causes, rules and mediums of the protest. Her face is not clear but her voice is.

"We hear about their success over the television. We read various articles about how they worked hard to achieve this position, this much power. It makes us proud that someone from my own country is giving tough competition to other equally worthy people. But when the same powerful body, the same organization uses their power to perish some innocent people's life without even thinking twice all we can do is despise them. They might be Billionaires but they are not God! So they should know their limits too. And I'll make sure this one does. I can be wrong, we all can be. But to know what is right they could've at least spoken to us. A company that becomes the reason of so many people's suffering should at least have the guts to face the truth. But they are way too coward to face us. And that will never stop us. We'll stop only when we get justice." The girl keeps on with her speech.

"Who is this girl?" His deep voice asks keeping his calm. His face expressionless.

"Which girl boss? The leader? She is Vasudha Roy." Ojas says.

"Take Maya to her tomorrow .... but not without this small plan." He says while turning off the TV.

"What plan boss?" Ojas asks.

"You'll be informed Ojas." He says and disconnects the call.