Chapter : 53

A Familiar Voice.

The last three days were nothing more than sheer torture for Danuj. The people he had to deal with were mostly dangerous criminals. As far as he assumes most of them were directly connected to Ekansh's group of goons. This is one of his most important confrontations. Every year this pseudo friendly gathering is arranged by The D' Imperium for the purpose of fishing out some more capable men and convincing them to join him. After hearing the conditions laid by them, ninety percent of the candidates eagerly join his side. But the rest ten percent always comes with the sole purpose of finding who amongst all of these men is Danuj D' ? And how can they easily wipe him out of this world?

Now one can ask why would a man choose to do something like this knowing the risks it entail? The answer is simple : he needs to become the strongest, and the more other companies lose their assets the more he gains. He would prefer being dead anytime than survive without being peacefully powerful or violently mighty. He has learned his lessons once, and he knows how being utterly powerless feels. He feels good and content when people who haven't even seen him for once in their entire lives, get frightened to the core just at the mention of his name. It feels comforting, witnessing the control he has on all these people, even when they don't know who the hell he is. Because there isn't a single day when he doesn't remember what made him this, this demon.

A self created demon that amplifies its demonic nature every time he meets people like these, people who are just as rotten from inside as he has become. Long back he discovered this one formula: demons should be serving a bigger demon, a demon who will scare them to death, who will be in control of what they are doing. Someone who will be formidable enough to make them use their potentials for something better. Because believe it or not they are potent. Only if you know how and where to use them.

But this one girl who keeps influencing his sanity, kept on disturbing his peace of mind. For the first time in history he couldn't sit still, he felt restless, suffocated. And every time he felt like that he ran out of the room and dialed "Nihal". Who at the end of the day ended up handing the phone to Vasudha, but not before shouting,
"See, I still have a life and others do as well, for fucks shake I am a doctor Dan, and you've never been such a pain in the ass!" Because, okay, he might have been a little more disturbing than usual. But surprisingly enough everytime he heard that tiny "hello" or "what now?" he felt happy, relieved and he could breathe again. He never knew he could act like this. The whole feeling surprised him more than anyone else. And when the meeting finally ended he couldn't waste another second, not even for the assigned guards, as he almost forced Ojas to come out with him and felt dissatisfied when according to him he drove really "slow" for his liking. So he made him take the passenger seat as he started driving.

Now as he looks outside he feels this cheesy happiness, because within a few hours he will finally see her, he will finally be home. Yes, for some reasons whenever he pictures home he finds himself seeing Vasudha's smiling face, welcoming him, sitting on the couch watching t.v or peaking from inside the kitchen with flour in her hands and face or even arranging the files on his desk or the books in the bookshelves, or standing at the window humming a tune while listening to something....

or opening her arms to save him, save him from his inner demons.

¤¤¤¤¤

"See, I'll go talk to that Nihal guy, while you guys have to do this. I know this will be like real risky but also keep in mind that Ekansh Sachdev has lent his men for the sole purpose of helping us. We have to rescue her. There is no turning back now." Zoya says as the car lent by Ekansh Sachdev moves ahead.

"If the description you've given is accurate then it will take time. You have to keep him busy for atleast twenty minutes. Also, Ganika and Derek, you guys need to keep other potential threats out of our way. I mean security guards or anyone of the staffs who might seem curious about the sounds coming from above. If needed, create a scene and keep them busy. Mihir will be with me. Is this final?" Abhirup asks releasing a deep breath.

"Yes." All of them answer in unison.

¤¤¤¤¤

Nihal was just about to open the main door to leave for his hospital when Vasudha's voice startles him.

"Nihal.." Vasudha calls while descending the stairs.

"Hey, is everything all right?" Nihal speed walks towards her.

"Yes. Everything is fine Nihal. I was just wondering, can you take me to the hospital with you?" She asks hesitantly.

"Are you sick? What's wrong? Let me see." Nihal immediately places his hand on her forehead.

"No, no. I'm totally okay. I was just feeling super bored, so I thought if you could take me with you." She says sheepishly. To this Nihal feels a slight hesitation but looking at her expression his face breaks into a smile.

"You have to stay inside my chamber all day. Will that be any helpful for you? Because you know pretty well that I am not allowed to let you roam around freely. I know this sounds utterly sick but that man is crazy, and if anything happens to you I might turn into a picture, hanging in that blue wall." He smiles which makes Vasudha shake her head while smiling.

"Yeah yeah I know about his craziness. I'll be careful." She assures.

"Fine then, I am waiting inside the car, go get ready." He smiles.

¤¤¤¤¤

She puts on this yellow cotton kurti with white embroidery on it and pulls her hair into a neat ponytail. She takes her brown sling bag and leaves her room. She was just about to reach the stairs when suddenly her eyes fall on the familiar wooden door opposite to hers. A small smile creeps up her face as she slowly walks towards the room. She opened the door and the known fragrance of mint and cigarettes hit her nostrils. A smell she so used to hate at the beginning and now she craves to smell it again and again. She gets inside the room and finds his room neat and clean as always. She sits on the bed for a second and runs her hand over the pillow. She picks up the pillow and looks at it with a frown.

"Such a kid for being so grown up and all. Who calls thirty times within three days? Do you have any idea Nihal was at the verge of crying." She punches the pillow and chuckles.

"I miss you too big guy." She says caressing the pillow and placing her forehead against it. Then returns it back on the bed. She releases a sigh and stands up giving a last glance around the room she has grown so attached to.

¤¤¤¤¤

Nihal was right when he said she will get to do nothing sitting inside a doctor's chamber. Within the last one hour she has seen various people barging into the chamber with different physical issues. She hopes all of them get well soon. But she fails to hide the boredom, eventhough Nihal tries real hard to give her enough attention in between his sessions.

"Can I just stand outside the door, at least then I'll be able to see the birds and the trees." She says, feeling embarrassed. Nihal fails to hide the laugh that was threatening to come out.

"Stop laughing Nihal. I didn't know doctors are used to getting bored!" She says, laughing herself.

"Okay stand outside my door, but nowhere else, please okay?" He requests.

"Thank God. Okay okay." She answers and hurriedly comes out of the room where she finally gets to breathe. This side overlooks the huge garden and the beautiful fountain at the very middle of the hospital. And the view is actually soothing. She smiles looking at the flying birds. She envies their freedom. But she cannot blame anyone, she chose this life herself. And who knows Danuj might let her be free, just like normal people, perhaps after a few months, when he'll have enough faith on her. She sighs. That's when her chain of thoughts break, and she gets to hear one very familiar voice after close to a year, a voice she loved to hear.

"Sudha..?!" Zoya's shocked voice utters.

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. 😇