Chapter :20

Too Much.

"You make me proud every day Sudha. When you are saying you need to take a drastic decision to keep them safe, I'll stand with you. But I have a simple condition." Vasudha's father says.

"Tell me baba." Vasudha urges.

"You have to be safe and you have to stay in contact with me no matter what. Tell me you can do this much Sudha. I don't want to repeat the same episode I had with your brother. That'll be enough for me." Her father says looking at her face expectantly.

"I promise baba. I'll keep in touch with you. I'll even come to you whenever possible. He has to allow at least this much. Otherwise, I won't sign on those papers." She says, holding back her tears. Her broken voice is enough for her father to understand the storm she's hiding inside that small heart of hers. He slowly moves his hand and places it on top of her head, rubbing affectionately.

"You know, whenever I'll meet your mother, I'll proudly tell her that I brought up both of her souvenirs perfectly. They can be placed as examples infront of others. People spend their whole life span searching for the purpose of their birth Sudha. I am happy that you have found the answer faster than all of us. I love you for what you've become darling." He says as he pulls her into his embrace. She immediately reciprocates.

"Baba...." She says, finally letting her tears free.

¤¤¤¤¤
"They have arrived. Think again, you sure about this Dan?" Nihal asks the very moment he hears the door bell ring.

Instead of answering Nihal's question, Danuj utters,
"Bring her upstairs."

It takes Nihal a second to remember how he never allowed anyone to manipulate his decisions. He stands up from the chair opposite to the one Danuj is sitting and leaves for the door.

The sudden change in situation keeps bothering Nihal. He would have been happy if Danuj decided to spend his whole life with someone but the particular way he is making Vasudha a part of his life is what he finds problematic. But he knows when Danuj D' has fixed his mind on something, even the almighty will find it challenging to change that. He releases a deep sigh before he slowly opens the door.

Standing there is Ojas, right behind him stands the girl he has seen yesterday. The difference is, unlike the last time, today her eyes are void of any emotions at all. Not even anger.

"Hey, Vasudha." He says, as informally as he could manage. Surprisingly, she only nods, without uttering a single word, as she gets inside. Nihal's eyes fall on Ojas, who seems equally bothered by her change of personality.

Without wasting another second Ojas leads her towards the same staircase. She follows. A few minutes later she finds her standing right infront of the same tall wooden door, proudly resting there.

Ojas immediately knocks on it.

"Send her inside." The rich voice utters from inside. Ojas opens the door and gestures Vasudha to get in.

She slowly gets inside the same room she has been yesterday and the unknown feeling of suffocation starts choking her from inside. She fails to notice the grey pair of eyes that scrutinize her each and every movement with sheer intensity.

"So.... what brings you here Miss Roy?" Danuj asks, spinning the weight paper nonchalantly. The simple question triggers the diminished energy in a way that she immediately snaps her head towards him. Her light brown orbs don't even try to hide the disgust she feels for this person.

"Your misdeeds Mr. D', you brought me here. Your awful conditions brought me here." She says controlling her anger to an unimaginable extent. He stops spinning the weight paper. His eyes sparkle with a new found amusement.