Chapter: 56

Losing Control.

They were wrong. Those weren't the last ones of them. And the rest of them comes out of their hideout just when Danuj hastily stands up to run towards the clearing. A sharp sound of slashing skin echoes through the woods following another. Both of them have been attacked from behind. Not unexpected from cowards like them. But Danuj didn't have time to spend on these lowlifes. His heart keeps beating faster, he is sweating profusely and it takes all of their energy to get rid of all those goons. Yes they were trained, but Danuj and Ojas were trained harder. They built themselves as these killing machines, as none of them had anything or anyone to go back to. But now, the situation is different, now both of them have something to look forward to. Both of them have a home to return to, very safely at that, because the girl back at the mansion has become one's closest friend, practically the only person who cares for him and another's lifeline, perhaps the last ray of hope as well. She has turned those lifeless walls alive. It welcomes both of them with this homely warmth, a weird happiness. They want to be safe for her, alive for her.

At the end, both fall on the ground, drained out of their last bit of energy.

"Do you still have your phone with you?" Danuj asks Ojas.

"Yes boss." Ojas answers.

"Call Nihal, ask for her. I need to hear her voice. And don't tell him anything about this encounter." Danuj orders.

"As you say boss." Ojas immediately brings the phone out of his back pocket and dials Nihal's number.

The phone keeps on ringing but nobody receives it for the fifth time. It's impossible for Nihal to not receive his call. He knows what could happen outside. That's the only reason he keeps the phone with him all the time.

As if something hit their mind all of a sudden, both of them stand up abruptly when this unknown feeling of nervousness creeps up their spine. Danuj doesn't wait for another second and rushes towards the car at the clearing. His heart throbs inside his chest. The same feeling of suffocation starts surrounding him once again as he strives harder to move towards the car. Even the intolerable pain that envelops every single organ in his body fails to draw his attention anymore. All he feels is the oxygen leaving his body. All he feels is this severe need to run to her and pull her into his embrace. He knows her warmth will make him feel better. As if everything is alright. As if nothing bad has ever happened to him.

Ojas on the other hand keeps looking at his boss, and an unknown fear settles into the pit of his stomach. He sees how Danuj is almost  half opening his mouth to breath, to sustain, which immediately reminds him of the old days. The ugly old days. He immediately recognizes what's happening to him. And that's when his phone vibrates showing Nihal's name on the screen. He takes a deep breath before receiving the call, and the inevitable words plunges through his ear.

"How could he hide such a huge truth from Vasudha, how could he do that to me?! I know that you know everything Ojas. And I am stunned as to how couldn't you tell me anything. How could you hide it as well?" Nihal almost shouts.

"Sir, before I begin to explain things to you, give me this simple answer, please. W-where is Vasudha?" Ojas asks very carefully. The usual formalities disappear into thin air. He is worried, worried for the man who has saved him from countless dangers. He is worried for his boss.

"She.... she left Ojas, she left. After she found out her brother in my hospital, almost lifeless, I had no authority, no right to stop her. And trust me I don't regret it. I don't regret letting her free." He answers as Ojas clenches his eyes shut.

"You will sir. You've surely done a huge mistake. I am in no position to blame you, but you did a huge mistake. Before anything, know that boss has been shot in his arm, and we both are injured quite seriously. But you know what, that's not anything you should be concerned about." Ojas says.