Chapter : 54

Scary.

The feeling is inexplicable, seeing your best friend after nearly a year, seeing the dark circles around her eyes and the shock in them at perhaps finding her alive, twists Vasudha's heart from inside. But she also knows that giving away informations is not something she can afford to do. So just like every other time, she tries to play smart.

"How angry are you?" She asks with a sad smile, trying hard to master up some courage to face Zoya with every possible confidence she has within her.

"Does that even matter? Do we, I mean all five of us even matter to you anymore?" Zoya asks, her voice on the verge of breaking. Vasudha's face falls. She knew her sudden disappearance would have hurt all of them to a different extent but seeing Zoya and understanding how devastated all of them might be she feels nothing but responsible. Responsible for what they might have gone through all these months.

"I had to Zoya. I really had my reasons, I had to continue searching for dada...." She tries to explain the way she had always imagined doing it if she ever came face to face with any one of them but her words get interrupted.

"Stop lying! For God's sake, stop lying." Zoya breaks down.
"How dare you take all the burdens alone, how dare you Sudha? Do you think we don't understand that you might have been forced or kidnapped by that dangerous man? Do you really think that we don't  know how just because you slapped him that day he chose to torture you instead of the members of Ashroy?" She finishes and Vasudha's eyes widen in shock but she immediately collects herself.

"Seems like there is no point lying to you. I know you can see right through me. Hence, look at me, check me thoroughly. Do I look tortured to you? Now, you need to know that Danuj D' would never do anything like that, he would never stoop that low. Yes, he gave me the option but I accepted that willingly. That was my decision Zoya, you cannot blame him for what I chose to do. That was me all the time." She finishes as she walks closer to her. Zoya finally seems to have taken notice of what she just said.

"Then why does he want to keep you hidden away from everything?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows  in confusion.

"That's a mystery to...." She was just about to finish her words when Nihal storms out of his chamber and his eyes widen.

"What are you doing here?" He asks Zoya gripping Vasudha's wrist and pulling her behind him protectively.

"What am I doing here?! The girl behind you is my best friend and practically a no one to you, so I should be asking you questions like that, not the other way around. However, as it seems my dear friend has some different plans, so I might need to stop the others from breaking into one of your chambers." Saying so Zoya attempts to turn around.

"W- what chamber? What are you talking about?" Nihal asks sounding desperate as he leaves Vasudha's hand and runs behind Zoya.

"See, I overheard you talking over phone, that you need to keep me away from this particular chamber, so I thought you might have kept Sudha locked up there. As it seems, she is not. She even says that she doesn't get tortured, which is really unbelievable and I cannot believe her. But she is adamant and she is good at hiding. So I need to stop my friends from barging into your property. Who knows this might trigger that asshole friend of yours. And we totally want to solve this peacefully, trust me." Zoya says as calmly as possible.

"What do you mean by peacefully?" Nihal asks.

"There is this other powerful man, Mr. Ekansh Sachdev, I am certain you have heard of him. His men are waiting for us downstairs. So if you don't solve everything and let Sudha go with us peacefully, we are ready to go for the violent measures. And none of us wants that." She finishes as Vasudha finally catches up with them. Nihal's lips twitch up forming an evil smile.

"Mr. Ekansh Sachdev..are we talking about him now?" Nihal asks with so much venom that both Vasudha and Zoya look up at him.

"What about Ekansh Sachdev?" Vasudha asks immediately.

"Your friends have brought support with them Vasudha. They are being aided by Ekansh." Nihal says looking directly at her.

"What?! But why? Why would he lend his support for someone so unimportant like me? Whats going on? What am I missing Zoya?" Vasudha asks, furrowing her eyes.

¤¤¤¤¤
"Boss, if you'll allow, I can drive this time. I promise to drive faster." Ojas requests and for the first time in so many years he sees him smiling, genuinely.

"Are you scared that I'll run into a tree or something? Don't worry Ojas, this water will help me sustain the rest of the journey. I'll freshen up." He says standing infront of the open field and looking infront of him, as he opens the bottle and pours the water all over his face. His white shirt gets almost drenched in the process. But he knows he cannot afford to feel sleepy. He needs to hurry up and get back to that crazy woman. So he puts on his mask immediately. He was just about to turn around when his whole body shake up from the immense force of the bullet that has pierced it's way through his left  arm. His mouth only releases a deep groan as he shoves his right hand inside his back pocket, then bringing out his own revolver he fires back at where the first bullet came from. Both, him and Ojas ducks down for a minute due to this whole area being totally empty and secluded, above all they are standing at a very risky position where they can be attacked quite easily.

"Call Rajesh and ask how far the guards are. After that you have to keep them engaged, I need to go inside." Danuj orders.

"But boss, this is.." Ojas tries to say but fails due to his interruption.

"I know Ojas, but what options do we have? None. And letting them win today means surrendering to that weaklings intentions, I refuse to give him that satisfaction." With that Danuj moves behind and following the cue Ojas begins the firing once again.

Ojas keeps waiting, guarding himself behind the car but when it crosses more than fifteen minutes he fails to keep himself there and calls Rajesh once again, asking them to hurry up. Then he too gets into the woods. It doesn't take him much time though as he starts seeing unconscious and who knows perhaps dead bodies laying here and there, with some gruesome bruises. But he knows, everybody knows that Danuj prefers not to kill.

As he gets closer his eyes fall on his boss, who is punching the life out of this huge and bulky man. His own white shirt teared from here and there, his left hand is a red and bloody mess. That's when someone wraps his arm around Ojas's neck, making him struggle to breathe. But as he has always done, it takes him some seconds before he shot the man on his shoulders, making him writhe in pain.

Danuj finally looks at him and they talk to each other through eyes as always. They were just about to leave all these pathetic goons to rot and die when the man Ojas just shot says up something that makes Danuj shake with anger.

"Y-your girl, what was her name again, yes, V-Vasudha Roy, she'll be taken away today." The guy says, displaying an evil smirk and Danuj's whole body tenses.
"You know our boss, Mr. Sachdev, he seems to have grown a weird liking towards her. He was saying something about "relishing every part of her beauty", nasty isn't it?" He says keeping the same smirk intact until it turns to a blank, lifeless expression. Yes, it takes only a second for Danuj to turn around and shoot him right in his head. And then it begins, the countless frenzied punches, punches on the dead body. Danuj sits on him and keeps on punching, as if wishing to kill the already dead man allover again.

"Say that again! I said.. Say. That. Again!! What happened to your fucking mouth?! Can't you talk now, talk about how that son of a bitch thought about relishing every part of her beauty, you bastard!!" The punches don't stop and surprising Ojas they only increase.

"Nobody, nobody in this whole fucking world can take my girl away from me! Do you hear me? NOBODY!! And if anyone dares to even touch her tiniest fingers I'll pull his heart out with my own hands. Do you understand that? Answer me you bastard?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!" His deep voice echoes through the woods and for the first time in so many years Ojas feels sheer fear creeping down his spine as he fails to walk any closer to him. This man that's shaking with anger is nothing he has ever known of, this is unrecognizable for him. Unrecognizable and scary.

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. 💜