Chapter: 59

Unleash The Villain.

Continuation of the Flashback.

Just a glance at Vasudha and Nihal knows that he cannot hide the truth from her any longer. He straightens himself and looks at her.

"Do you really want to know the truth? Do you really think you can absorb what he went through?" He asks and she takes a deep breathe before answering,

"I can. I have to."

"Fine, I'll tell you. I tell you as much as I know. But before I begin you have to be honest with me as well. You have to be truthful." He says.

"I will." She responds.

"What do you feel for him Vasudha? What are your true feelings about the man that actually forced you to stay with him, to disconnect yourself from the world you knew to be the closest to you? The man you slapped with all your might, because you found him vile." He says looking at her. Her eyes, however, move down to the floor.

"The answer should've been very simple. 'I hate him' should've been my instant response. Yes, I hated him for everything he is. I hated him for throwing innocent people towards a future like that. I hated him for being so emotionless, so rude, so cruel. Do you know, there was a day when I even regretted saving his life?" Her eyes get filled with tears as she looks at her brother once again.
"But now, today, standing here infront of my brother, seeing him lying unconscious, I am failing to bring back that hate for him. I am failing to make myself believe that the man who feels so lonely that he keeps asking me to stay inside his room, that the man who used to get his sleep clutching onto my shawl, the man who confuses sheer pain with an itching sensation, the man who brought me everything I needed without even asking, the man who can't stay away from me for a second, strives to breathe if he doesn't find me around, gets crazy to be in my embrace and above all the man who is taking care of so many people without even bothering for recognition, he can be many things to people outside Nihal, he can be evil, vile, inhuman but to me he is a pained, deprived, unloved man, who strives to be cared, to be adored." The tears freely trail down her cheeks.

"I failed Nihal, I failed. I couldn't hate him. I tried so hard but I couldn't. Instead the only feeling I managed to build inside me for him is an immeasurable, an unconditional amount of love. Yes, I love him, I love him with everything in me. And that's another reason for why I want to know the truth. What caused him so much pain? So much heartbreak? Something has to, because I knew the man he was before and he was a very charming, happening and open minded person. This Danuj D' doesn't even resemble the Devansh Sachdev I've seen once. What happened to him?" She asks wiping her tears. Nihal pinches his teary eyes as a genuine smile appears on his lips.

"Seems like he is one lucky bastard!" Nihal chuckles as he looks at Vasudha again.

"My father used to work for the Sachdev Industries. He was their personal lawyer. I guess that much everyone knows already. Devraaj uncle used to treat my father like his own brother. He was a good man but when you are a businessman you have to be diplomatic at times. So he was good but not blinded by it. That was something Dan's mother had as a personality trait. She was way too good and down to earth for representing such a powerful family like theirs. It was Dan's five year's birthday celebration that night. Dan, was playing around here and there when Praggya aunty spotted him running towards the swimming pool and she ran behind him. She did push him aside but she herself fell into it. My father used to say, swimming was the only thing she always feared and never learned. That's it he lost her. And that was just the beginning. Although he kept blaming himself for it, but his father never let him feel something like that. He loved him so much that Dan almost never felt the absence of his mother while he was a child.