Chapter : 39

Prove Me Wrong

The mansion is dead silent. The only sounds coming from outside are sometimes eerie and bone chilling. The owls' hooting and the breeze that's playing with the leaves outside add more mystery to it.

Her brother spent five years in Delhi, working for the Sachdev Industries. He could visit Kolkata very rarely.  He met Danuj here as well, in Delhi 

Danuj D', whose face reminds her of someone she can't really pin point. A similarity she always ignores, partly because she can't remember properly. She keeps thinking what enmity a person so powerful might have against her very ordinary brother, apart from the basic rivalry between the two prime and top most companies: The very old and respected Sachdev Industries and The very new and feared D' Imperium.

Why did they meet? How did he know Abhay? Is it something related to the rivalry between the companies where Abhay just got dragged into? Or is it something even worse?

She gets down from the huge bed. To be specific, this room here is way too huge for her liking. Makes her feel even more lonely. The only thing she likes about the room is that the windows offer a beautiful view of the lake that's shining under the moonlight right now and also the cottage that looks too large for the term "cottage". She remembers how Nihal said the Danuj never allows anyone there.  "Why?" She thinks to herself. She needs to get inside that cottage, anyhow. There has to be something he doesn't want people to see, otherwise why would he restrict people from entering that place. He never did anything like that back at Kolkata. What surprised her always is how he never even thought of locking his own cupboards. Then what makes him do that here?

She very slowly opens the door to her room and gets out. This is the right time for her to roam around a bit and get to know the place better. She needs to know everything about this mansion like the back of her hand before she pulls any risky stunt.

Beside her room is a huge library and next to it is Danuj's room

Beside her room is a huge library and next to it is Danuj's room. Although she totally wanted to walk around and see what's where, her legs drag her towards his room. The door, as usual, is unlocked.