Chapter : 76

The Pull.

Fighting for others is  something she has always been good at. She is brought up seeing her parents being nothing but brave and selfless. She learnt it from them, but more from her brother, Abhay. He used to go beyond his limit to help others in need. He is the one who taught her to be sincere and courageous at a very young age. It's from him that she learnt to be fearless, she learnt to never feel afraid of dying, because death is constant, it can come anytime, be it today or tomorrow. So what's there to be scared of?

None of us is scared to leave this body, people are mostly frightened to lose the people around them. People whose existence has become important than their life. People who sacrifice their everything for the sole purpose of keeping you safe, for keeping you protected. You can try your hardest to ignore the feeling they build inside you, just like a growing fire. You can try with everything to extinguish its growing strength, but the more you try the more it spreads, the more its strings wrap you within its burning grasp. The only difference is that in this case the warm fire burns you from within, due to the extreme friction of its existence and your denial. That's what it is, that's what love is. It is capable of strengthening you as well as breaking you from within.

Vasudha, was confident that she would never fear death, until today.

After the earth shattering discovery, she and her friends came back to the mansion. Just like the other days. But today they started packing their luggages, determined to find something by tomorrow so that they can leave this mansion and never look back. Ekansh was informed about how they need to leave by the day after tomorrow. They planned to have dinner and sneak out of the mansion so that Abhirup can retrieve the uploaded video from the drive Abhay mentioned. She told them that she will join them shortly after because she believed that Ekansh Sachdev would certainly try to approach her, and try to manipulate her on spending a few more days there, which she will cleverly dodge, because she has to.

Everything was going according to her plan. She waited for Ekansh to visit her, but surprisingly he didn't show. Therefore, she decided not to waste anymore time and opened the door to sneak out and join her friends, until she felt the world around her turning upside down.

Vasudha, was confident that she would never fear death, until today.

Until now when she is feeling extremely lightheaded and she is finding it hard to breathe. Her throat feels like a sandpaper all of a sudden. Her eyes become glassy. Weirdly, she knows what's happening. The food, the dinner, there was something in it. Which means, back there her friends are going through the same situation and she can't do anything to help them. That's why she wanted them to leave, she feared the inevitable at the very beginning.

Her heart sinks when her brother's face surfaces infront of her. His smiling face, his affectionate eyes. She was this close to see him recovering and getting back to his old charming self. The thought of her sick, old father crosses her mind. How that man always supported them in every decision they have taken till date, even when his heart ached, even when he was nervous to his core, he allowed them to do good, to fight for others. The strongest man she has ever seen. What if he falls sick again? What if he fails to tolerate the pain this time?

Her steps falter as she tries to reach the bottle placed on the small table beside her bed. She is trying to survive here, what if the man she has grown to love so much, has already lost the battle? Even worse, what if he survives and finds her dead? He'll burn down the world for sure. He'll destroy himself and others as well. He has gone through so much pain already and she only increased it ten folds. She knows that she deserves to die for what she has made him and her friends go through, but her body is still fighting to stay alive.