Chapter : 30

He is Here

"Boss, he is in here." Raju says.

Parking the car inside the garage Danuj comes out of it, holding the phone to his ear. The mask is still hiding most of his facial features. His cleched jaw, furrowed eyebrows and warned grey pair of eyes clearly explain that he has sensed danger.

"You sure it's him?" He asks walking out of the garage.

"Yes boss. I can see him from the kitchen." Raju answers.

"Very well. His conversations, be alert and listen to them. Remember you can't miss anything important, Raju. You know how dangerous that can get. Meanwhile, I need to have a few words with Ojas. Keep in touch. " He says opening the door to the entrance.

"Man, I told you to come early. I am all set." Nihal says standing up from the sofa. A trolley and a duffel bag are placed on the floor beside him.

"Y-you leaving already?" Danuj asks, the warned eyes suddenly turn surprised.

"Not yet. Our beautiful chef has convinced me not to leave without having dinner." Nihal says, smiling.

"Oh..I see." Sighing, he responds strolling inside the hall.

"You okay buddy?" Nihal asks looking at him with concern.

"Yeah. All good." He responds without looking at his face. Nihal attempts to say something else when Vasudha's voice interrupts.

"Nihal.. come on in, food is served." She says as she notices Danuj standing beside him. "Uhm.. You can also freshen up and join us?" She offers Danuj. Who looks at her from the corner of his eyes that fail to hide a weird but tiny bit of worry, although that immediately changes into the same cold, lifeless ones.

"I'll pass." He responds.

"Not tonight. Go get freshened up and come down. I am leaving Dan!" Nihal almost whines.

"Seriously Nihal? You act like you're leaving this country for good." He says sarcastically.

¤¤¤¤¤
"It was brilliant, darling!" Nihal says rubbing on his stomach. Vasudha smiles at him. Which doesn't get unnoticed by the grey pairs.

"I'm glad. By the way, where is Ojas? Won't he have dinner?" She asks while bringing a lunchbox to Nihal.

"He seems busy dealing with some urgent business. What's in this?" Nihal asks happily.

"This has some snack items. It will remind you of Kolkata, when you'll be back at Delhi." She confirms.

"Great! Told you, you're a life saver V." Nihal says pulling her into a bear hug which she returns happily.

"Enough, both of you." Danuj's cold voice interrupts their happy moment.

"Don't get jealous Dan. You could've told me that you wanted me to hug you as well." Nihal says.

"Please. I am not interested. Even the thought of it sickens me. Aren't you getting late?" He asks taking his plate to the sink.

"This man. Fine! I'm leaving!" Nihal says as he moves out of the kitchen followed by Vasudha.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Ekansh Sachdev, sir. Abhay used to work for my company, 'The Sachdev Industries'. " The well suited, curly haired, dark brown eyed man stands with folded hands at the door of  Digbijoy Roy's home.

"Oh.. I know you very well sir. Please, please come in. I've heard about you from both, Abhay and my daughter Vasudha. " Digbijoy says happily as he takes Ekansh to the sofa.
"Please have a seat." He gestures towards the sofa set at the center of his mediocre dinning room.