Chapter : 21

This Jerk!

The smiles on everyone's face, which she craved to see for so many days, are back again. Ashroy is back to its happy self and that's what makes every other thing worthwhile and tolerable. Vasudha's eyes flicker through their happy faces. Seeing the kids running and playing around everywhere, her heart feels steady and peaceful after a long time.

"I just couldn't understand one thing, why would he change his mind all of a sudden? Why now?" Abhirup's asks mostly to himself. Vasudha keeps her face expressionless. She knows better than giving any reaction at this moment. If anyone of them gets to know the truth, everything will be ruined.

"I am equally confused. But whatever might be the reason, they got back their home. They are happy as before. That's all I care about." Zoya says, looking at everyone with a smiling face. Vasudha's lips curve into a similar smile. Her eyes fell on Baburam bhai, who is emerging towards her with a folded hand.

"What's this Baburam bhai?" She asks accusingly, pointing at his folded hands.

"Let me do this much at least. We all owe you so much, to all of you. We never lost our hopes on you Sudha didi, and see your love, your hard work, your protest, made it through all the tough challenges. I can only wish for you to stay by our side forever." Baburam bhai says, barely controlling his sobbing. Vasudha slowly extends her hands to envelopes his, then closing her eyes, she brings his folded hands to her forehead. Tears roll down her cheeks.

"You all are my family Baburam bhai. Doing anything for you means doing for myself only. If you fold your hands infront of me I feel ashamed. I am grateful that you all are safe. That's what matters now." She says, finally opening her eyes.

"She is right. We all love you. We will do everything possible for us, for the sole purpose of keeping all of you safe. What say Derek?" Mihir states looking at Derek.

"Right you are." Derek says, coiling his arm over Mihir's shoulder.

"God! It's nice to see you both back to your old selves. Both of you drove me nuts yesterday." Abhirup says, placing his hand on Mihir's other shoulder.

"Fine all of you. Now start moving these heavy things inside, will you?" Ganika shouts from behind.

Everyone gets busy with the arrangements as Vasudha overlooks them. Her eyes tear up once again, thinking about how they won't even get the chance to see her off. She knows they will never forgive her for what she has already done, particularly Zoya. But she will do this a thousand times to see these precious moments. She slowly moves towards the library.

The room where they have made so many memories, she is probably seeing it for the last time. From tomorrow, she will be a stranger's captive. She strolls towards their bags, carrying a bunch of sticky notes in her hand.

¤¤¤¤¤

"You got one as well?" Zoya shouts at Abhirup. Her hand is clutching on a pink sticky note.

"Yes. What the hell is she up to? What does your one say?" Abhirup's asks feeling restless all of a sudden.

"Wait, let me merge all of them." Zoya says and merges the call between all five of them.

"I can't reach her phone!" Mihir utters.

"Neither can I." Derek says.

"What does your one say?" Zoya asks Derek.

"Derek, I know all of you must be wondering what's going on. Let me explain, now, when everything has settled down, I think I should start searching for my brother. Everytime I decided to go out and search for him, all of you stopped me. But this time I am about to outrun you all. By the time you'll read this, I'll be already out of town. Please don't get angry on me. I had to do this.