Chapter : 84

My Everything.

Sitting on the revolving chair in his study room, his grey eyes keep looking at the agreement papers. Today, everything is gonna change. She will be free to choose, she will be free to leave this house, free to leave him, if that's what she wants. He is not going to come in her way. She has already suffered a lot.

But what if, what if she chooses to leave him. What if she prefers her freedom over him, what if she finds him not worthy enough. He knows he isn't but she always made him feel different, as if there is nothing wrong with him, as if he is the most perfect man she has ever seen. Yes, he knows she is like this, kind and selfless.

But still....

Something snaps inside him at the thought as he clenches his jaw and immediately grabs the bunch of legal papers with the intention to tear it into pieces, but some tiny part within him protests. He cannot do this to her, he cannot force her into this anymore. She should be the one to take decisions about her life.

He throws the papers back on the table grabbing his head within his hands.

¤¤¤¤¤

It has been a while since she has spent her usual quality time with her father. Right now as she looks at the old man  sitting beside her in the car, she feels happy, content. He is safe, unharmed and healthy. Thanks to the grumpy weirdo. Her father is still processing the recent informations he has received. It will take him a lot of time to get over the incident that happened to her brother. So she gives him that space.

Soon enough, they reach the mansion and she sees the evident surprise on her father's face. She belongs from a very mediocre family, this huge mansion, the limitless property, the beautiful lake that surrounds it and the amount of trees overwhelm him.

"I know it seems extravagant but trust me, he is a good man baba." She says placing her hand on his. Her father looks at her with a small smile gracing his lips.

"That much I've learnt by now. He used to contact Raju, almost everyday. If he wasn't nice enough he could have just left me back there with Raju with no intentions of informing me about your health, your well being. He made sure to tell Raju every minute things related to you, he even spoke to me once himself, asking me about your liking, disliking, your hobbies and so many other things. I was given only one condition, that I cannot tell you that he is being super caring about me." Her father says patting her head and adds,

"I always knew and believed he is a nice man." Vasudha looks at her father finding it difficult to form any sentence at all. Who is this man?

"Ma'am, I think we should move ahead, if you're serious about what you said earlier." Ojas interrupts bringing her out of her trance.

"Yes Ojas, and now I feel extremely determined." She says giving him a mischievous smile, which he returns by shaking his head while smiling.

¤¤¤¤¤

Dear Danuj Devansh Sachdev,

I've given it a lot of thought but all my thoughts get jumbled up every time I think about you, about us. You and me, we are two totally different persons with different goals in life. Now that you've got what you have always wanted and now that the truth is not hidden anymore, I think I am not needed here. I am grateful for how you saved my life as well as my brother's but I think our relationship was nothing but a mere dependency on each other, that too because you decided to blackmail me to stay back at your mansion, infront of your eyes. I know all you wanted was to keep me safe and protected but I am a very independent woman from my very childhood. Hence, today, I Vasudha Roy, am signing off from your life, because mere dependency cannot form a strong relationship and I know for a fact that a huge personality like you, a man of so much grandeur cannot fall for a woman as unimportant as me. It was nice knowing you, nice being acquainted with you.