Chapter : 43

She's in trouble.

She senses everything, although her eyes remain close. His warmth, his smell, his worry and above all his protectiveness. She loves how he keeps stroking her hair even when he seems tired and probably half asleep. She knows that he cares and she knows that the feelings he has grown towards her are most likely to be true. The simple thought of finding out anything other than what she has already discovered is scaring her to death. Because now she very clearly recognizes her own emotions. She knows she's in trouble.

That's when the realizations start hammering her heart from inside. He has hidden his true identity from the entire world, he doesn't introduce himself as a Sachdev anymore. He.. he has become the biggest competitor to his own younger brother? Why? Why couldn't he go back to Ekansh Sachdev if he didn't die that day? What's happening? Why can't she connect the dots?

She remembers that she has read it somewhere months ago that Mr. Danuj D' is a self made man, he has built this entire thing from scratch. But why would he choose do so much hardwork when everything was ready for him on a golden platter? What is his purpose? What is he trying to prove? Who is he trying to prove?

The scar on his face, the countless other scars and cut marks on his body, say a totally different story. He has been through a lot. She feels it, she feels it everytime she looks him in the eyes. They are pained, they are hollow and they are insecure. Everytime he looks at her she feels this urge to assure him that everything will be fine, but then she holds back. Who is she to assure him when her own life is so uncertain? But then again, she knows the undeniable pull she feels towards him is confusing her. The insecurity in his eyes, whenever he looks at her, the fear of losing her and those every single time he proved how his sanity depends on her being close to him, has given her enough reasons to understand that this man can be as strong as a mountain but she has somehow turned into an unwanted weakness for him. How? Why? When? Then was he serious those many years ago, was he serious when he said,

"Trust me, I'll find you and we'll see each other again. I promise. The world is small Sudha."

But then what happened to him? What made him go through so much pain? Who did this to him? Why is he opposing his own brother?

And then her thought process takes a totally different turn as she answers her own questions. His opposing his brother can be for many reasons but one very simple answer that stands out is that he doesn't trust Ekansh. No, he doesn't. Ekansh Sachdev, now when she thinks about him, she remembers one very important thing about him. The second son of Devraaj Sachdev, was never his own son in reality, atleast not his biological son. What if....

Her eyes snap open! Tears trail down both sides of her face. Her red shot eyes look at the worried grey eyes of the man who has somehow sensed her waking up. Her eyes fall on the gruesome scar on his face and then it scans every uncovered part of his body including the strong and rough hand that somehow acts like a soft feather whenever it touches her. Her teary eyes stare at every scar on his body with a new found realization as her arm extends itself towards the scar on his face, freezing him in the process.

Danuj on the other hand finds himself lacking every capability of reacting. All he sees are those pretty eyes filled with tears and concern and those beautiful slender fingers coming closer to his face inch by inch and as they touch his scar his mouth involuntarily releases a shaky breath. He clenches his eyes close, as he senses her fingers feeling his scar as well as his face and then the most shocking thing happens, throwing his emotions in an overdrive.

Her slender fingers slowly starts moving upwards towards the back of his head. He doesn't fail to feel how high her body temperature is.

"She is still under fever, is she hallucinating?" His mind gets filled with questions like this. "I should stop her before she does something she regrets later." He thinks to himself as he fights with himself to open his eyes and when he gets to open them every other thought vaporize, he sees her eyes, her eyes filled with nothing but affection. She's lying on his lap vertically, that places her head towards his torso and her legs towards the southern end of the bed. But that doesn't stop either of them from seeing the raw emotions their eyes are exuding for each other. They keep staring at each other without any movements for a few more seconds as if both of them are searching for something to rely on. And then it happens, her fingers, that are already tangled in his hair slowly starts pushing his face downwards, closer to her face, keeping the eye contact confidently.