26

Omniscient

four months have passed

Billie looked at the wide streets with cars driving past, laughter with kids. Women walking and talking with each other, happily. Billie, who was leaning on the balcony railing, felt hands grab her waist quickly making her gasp out of fear.

Billie turned around quickly, her back against the railing, sighing when she saw it was just Selena. "Don't scare me like that." Billie slapped her chest.

"What? Did you think I was going to push you off?" Selena laughed. "Considering, I piss you off? You might want to give me that little nudge." Billie shrugged.

Selena laughed before taking a good look at Billie. "What?" Billie asked her. "You're so beautiful."

Billie grinned at the compliment and reached up placing a delicate kiss on her girlfriend's lips. "Alright, my love birds." Selena turned around, her arm over Billie's shoulders.

"Yes, Dala?" Selena asked. "You have another drug bust on your hands." Dala handed the folder to Selena. "Heroin this time. It's in a warehouse in Taormina, surrounded by snipers, I'll send you with backup."

"Okay, I'll get ready. Thanks." Selena told Dala handing her the folder back. Dala nodded and left Billie and Selena alone. "You're still doing this?" Billie asked. "You said you'd stop after Matteo was arrested."

"I can't help it, I'm sorry. I have to go now, it's going to be a two hour drive."

"Matteo's gone. So that dangerous life of yours should be gone." Billie told her, Selena licked her bottom lip before sighing. "It's Isabella, isn't it?" Billie asked.

Selena shook her head looking down. "So why are you still doing this?"

"It's my job? Stopping these packs, if these gangs are here in Italy, most likely Matteo's goons."

"Matteo's gone and in prison, he's rotting in there for the rest of his life. Why would people still be doing his dirty work?"

"You think him being arrested is going to immediately stop all of this. People are avenging him and now they definitely want me dead."

"That's more of a reason why I don't want you to go."

"No, no Billie. You're not going to interfere with my work."

"Does your mom know?"

"No, She thinks I came here to stop. I want to keep it that way." Selena murmured. "You're lying to your mom."

"I know and it sucks 'cause I tell her everything."

Billie nodded and said nothing. "You're not upset at me, are you?" Selena asked her.

"No, you have to go right? It's a 2 hour drive."

"Billie."

"I'm not mad at anyone. I actually have to go too. Ariana wants me to go out in the city with her." Billie tapped Selena's chest before walking away from her.

Selena huffed, turning around grabbing the railing of the balcony. Selena's mother, Andrea passed by the door of the balcony and she stopped when she saw her daughter leaning over it.

"Hey baby, you okay?" Andrea asked her daughter. "I- yeah, I'm fine."

"I just saw Billie, she looks upset."

"We just had a little disagreement, that's all."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Andrea rubbed her back. Selena turned around, placing her arms around her mother's waist and putting her head in the crook of her mother's neck.

"Amore, what is it?" Andrea asked her. "I love you. Just want you to know that." Selena said.

"Of course I know that, you don't have to remind me." Andrea laughed, running her fingers through her hair. "I know, I feel like I don't say it enough."

Andrea raised an eyebrow and broke away from the hug putting her hands on Selena's shoulders.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" Andrea asked her. "Yeah, I'm fine, I promise."

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Andrea cupped Selena's face. Selena looked in her mother's light brown eyes, the guilt eating her up even more.

"I know I can. But I promise you, I'm okay. I actually have to go somewhere, I'll be back by tonight."

Andrea nodded at her daughter's words and Selena walked back into the house. Dala approached Selena, "Here, the car keys, destination is already set in. When you get there. Halle will be there getting you somewhere where your car won't be seen. Backup will be right on your tail."

"Thank you- uh where's Billie?" Selena asked. "She left with Ariana a few minutes ago."

"Okay, let me know when they come back." Selena said and Dala nodded. Selena walked out of the house and got into her car. She dialed Billie, but there was no answer.

Selena pulled her car out of the driveway and drove off to her destination letting herself only pay attention to the sound of the GPS guiding her to where she needed to be.

Once she got there, she saw Halle and rolled her window down. "Ciao Capo, parcheggia laggiù e nessuno dovrebbe essere in grado di rilevarti. (Hi Capo, just park over there and no one should be able to detect you.)"

"Buono ok. In realtà voglio superare i cecchini in modo da poterli eliminare facilmente. (Okay, good. I actually want to get above the snipers so I can take them out easily.)"

"Posso farlo accadere, hai bisogno di un fucile? (I can make that happen, do you need a rifle?)"

"No, solito set di coltelli e starò bene. (No, usual set of knives and I'll be okay.)"

"Capito, Capo. (Got it, Capo.)"

Selena parked and got out leaving her phone in the car, "This is going to be fun."

***

Billie turned her head when she heard her bedroom door open, "You're back." She said to Selena when she walked into the room.

"Yeah, how was the city?" Selena asked her. "It was fine, how about your little mission?"

"It went okay, uh- what time is it?" Selena asked. "It's around sev- Selena, you're hurt."

"Not a big deal, it's small. I just realized something." Selena said. "What is it?" Billie asked playing with her necklace. "I haven't taken you out on a date yet."

"Not a big deal." Billie shrugged, smirking, purposely mocking Selena's answer. "Will you?"

"Will I what?" Billie asked. "You know what I'm asking." Selena told her. "Ah, I wanna hear you say it."

Selena huffed, letting Billie be right this time, "Will you go on a date with me, Billie?"

"Of course, thought you'd never ask." Billie smiled, getting on her toes to kiss Selena, "So tiny." Selena mumbled making Billie glare at her. "You're small too."

"I'm 5'10."

"I'm 5'3 and so what?"

"It means you're extremely small." Selena told her girlfriend. "Nuh- uh, I beat you a million times when we play fight." Selena just nodded and kissed the side of Billie's head, not wanting to tell the oblivious girl she lets her win.

"Get ready, the reservation's in an hour."                                                                                                             ___

"I'm vegan, I can't eat anything off of this menu." Billie told Selena, "There's a vegan menu right here baby, just turn it around."

"Oh, thank you." Billie mumbled and her eyes skimmed the menu as Selena just stared at her in adoration. "What?" Billie put her menu back down. "I need to tell you something, hey- pay attention."

"Hm?" Billie asked. "I want to m-" Selena was cut off by the sound of multiple gunshots and about a dozen bodies falling around her.

hmph, that sucks for them i guess.