8

2 weeks later

Billie POV

"You're gonna try to talk to her or no?" Ariana asks me, referring to Selena. "Nope." I say plainly.

Me and Selena have been ignoring each other, well it's not like she wants to talk to me anyways so I guess I'm doing her a favor. The funeral for the men that died just ended and Ariana cared more about the way she looked than the actual boys.

"You guys will get over it." Ariana nudges me. I let her think she's right and I spot Selena walking into the cemetery with her hands in her pockets. "Why is she going to the cemetery? They haven't put the bodies there yet." I tell Ariana.

"Oh, she's just- nevermind." Ariana looks down. "Why do you keep doing that?" I ask her.

"Doing what?"

"You say something but then stop."

"It's Selena's business, I don't want to say anything." Ariana sighs. "Wow, she's private I guess." I raise my eyebrow at her response.

"Billie, Selena's not one of your average girls, you have to understand that."

"I know, I don't know why I keep going after her." I sigh. "Billie, it's obvious that you like her, really like her." Ariana says and she's definitely not lying, but I'm not going to admit that.

"No I don't." I shake my head. "Whatever you say Billie." Ari sighed.

Selena POV

I make my way to the grave I was looking for and I arrive at it. Isabelle Blake. I stare at the gravestone emotionless, I stopped shedding tears years ago. I wasn't even able to attend her funeral.

Now it's got to a point where I don't even have a reaction to it, the best I can do is just stare. "Capo, they're ready." I hear. "See this gravestone right here?" I asked the girl that spoke to me. She nodded.

"Don't dig anything near it. It's reserved." I said. "For who, if I may ask?"

"For someone who is worth more than them and you." I say bluntly.

"Oh who?"

"You're new here right?" I ask her and she nods. "Okay, if you're gonna work for me, do yourself a favor and try not to question me." I warn her and she looks down. "I'm sorry, Capo."

"I don't need apologies, just do your jobs and try to stay on my good side."

Billie POV

"Thank you for driving me back." I tell the driver handing him a 100 dollar bill. "Oh no, it's my pleasure." He says.

"Please take it."

"Seriously I can't take it."

"Take." I place the bill harshly on his lap. "The money. Sheesh." I mutter before opening the door and closing it behind me. The house door is opened for me and I enter, walking up the stairs and going in my room.

I look around and I sigh shaking my head. I'm not meant for this, this life, staying here? I don't need this nor do I deserve it. I open my closet pulling out a spare suitcase zipping it open.

I throw some clothes in it and whatever I might need. I zip it and I look out of my window to see if Selena's returned yet and thankfully she hasn't. I lift the suitcase off of the bed and I roll it out and I walk down the stairs with it.

I open the front door and I tap on the same drive's car window. He sees me and he unlocks the door. I open it and I get in pulling in the suitcase with me, "Where can I take you?"

"The farthest hotel." I tell him. He nods, they can't find me. A tear rolls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away staring outside of the window. I'm sorry but it's obvious I'm not capable of this so I have to leave but Lia and Carlos will be okay.

I'm dropped off at an unfamiliar hotel and I thank him again and I walk into the hotel. "Hey, can I get a hotel room?"

"I- wait, you look familiar." I look up at the person speaking and I see that I recognize her. Unfortunately, she can't recognize me, I may or may not have killed her brother a few months back after a drug transfer mishap right in front of her.

"Uh- no, I don't believe we met before, sorry." I look down. "N-no, I've seen you before, I'm certain." The girl insists.

"No ma'am." I shake my head. "But-"

"I SAID NO." I shout, catching the attention and earning gasps from the surrounding people and scaring the girl a little.

"Can I please just get a room?" I ask.

"S-sure, of course." She awkwardly smiles.

Selena POV

"Selena?" Ariana calls my name. "Yeah, what's up?"

"You haven't happened to see Billie, have you?"

"What makes you think I've seen her?"

"I don't know. I just thought maybe-"

"I haven't seen her if that answers your question."

"Okay, then we have a problem." Ariana says. "What?" I ask. "It's either Billie went home, or she's missing."

"Damn it, there's always something with that girl." I mutter. "Lia said she hasn't seen her since."

"We'll check the cameras, and see where to go from there but I can't leave right now."

"I'm worried she may have done something stupid." Ari bites her lip. "What would she have done?"

"It's just that earlier we were talking. About you."

"Wait- what about me?"

"She wanted to know why you were going to the graveyard."

"Did you tell her anything?"

"No, not at all."

"Good, the last thing we need is for her to find out who I really am." 

BYEEEEEEEEEEEE