19

Selena POV

I hear the front door open and I hear Ariana squeal telling me it's Billie. Ariana jumps almost tackling Billie. "Ow." Billie groans. "What the hell happened to you?" Ari asks.

"Got sick." Billie says. We make brief eye contact when I break it by walking away. I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out in the waiting room.

I obviously wasn't freaking out in front of my family who was also waiting, that would have brought up questions that I did not want to answer.

Plus I have other things to worry about, "Selena?" My name is called by Dala. "Hm?" I say when I walk into my office.

"I found something in Joseph's office, you told me to check it."

"Yeah, what'd you find?" I ask. "Call logs. Potentially between him and Matteo. But the thing is these call logs aren't connected to any phone number, so I had done some digging and found this." She places a small device in my hand.

"An ear piece." I say. Dala nods and I immediately recognize it. The same earpiece Lia had in her ear. "Look familiar?" Dala recognized my look.

"Lia. I saw this in her ear yesterday, I didn't say anything." I tell her. "You saying Joseph and Lia may have been onto this together?"

"Maybe not. Joseph tried to flee when I found out, if they both were working together, Lia would've tried leaving with him." I say.

"Good point, I'll continue looking into the call logs." Dala says but I stop her. "Actually, I need you to check Lia's room, look for anything suspicious, if she tries to stop you, restrain her."

"Okay Capo, I'll get onto it, do you still want me to check the call logs?"

"Uh no- I got it. I need to talk to Billie." I say. "Billie hasn't shown any suspicious behavior, why?"

"Her and Lia are close, maybe Lia told her what she was doing. I need a polygraph for the two and I need you to notify the FBI, if Lia's working with Matteo, I am in some big trouble here."

"You haven't said any valuable information to her, have you?"

"Oh no, she's an idiot, if she did hear something, she probably forgot a second later. If Lia's working with him, I want her arrested." I mumble.

"And if Billie's a part of this?" Dala asks me. "I- have no idea what I'm going to do." I stutter. Dala nods and she leaves me alone in my office again.

What am I going to do if Billie is still working with him?

Billie POV

I look at the waves in the pool as I lay down on the bench enjoying the silence. "It's Billie, right?" I hear near me. I look up to see Selena's mother.

"Mhmm. You must be Selena's mom, you look a lot like her, well besides the eyes." I ramble. "Call me Andrea, 'Selena's mom' seems old, and I am only 36." She says and I almost choke on my spit.

"36?" I ask. "Yeah, you expected me to be 50 something?" She laughs.

"No, but you look like a teenager."

"Still kind of young for a 19 year old kid, I had Selena when I was just 17."

"Oh, that must've been hard, I'm sorry." She nods before sitting besides me. "You're the girl who's making my baby girl so full with laughter." She says which immediately confuses me.

"Oh, I'm the girl stressing her out, trust me." I laugh and she shakes her head. "No, I don't think so, anytime I visit, I can't even get a smile out of her and now this time I visit, she was laughing today when I spoke with her. The only difference? You're here."