16

Selena POV

"Ariana, I don't need help." I tell my cousin and she huffs before letting me go. "I'm still sorry." She apologizes again. 

"I said it's okay. Stop apologizing." 

"Are you sure you'll be fine? I have to kick Dalton out." Ariana mumbles. I laugh a bit before nodding, I go to walk to my room but I'm tackled to the ground.

"You bitch!" I hear before I'm flipped over and I see Billie on top of me. She punches me in my face, and I know this girl probably broke my nose. I push her off of me and I get up. "What the hell is your problem?" I ask her. 

She doesn't answer but instead slaps me in the face. "You thought I wouldn't find out?" She asks me, pushing me into a wall. 

"Can you speak like a normal person instead of hitting me!?" I ask. "Shut up!" She slaps me again.

"You didn't think to tell me you're Matteo's daughter? You've been lying to me all this time." She says and I sigh shaking my head.

"I didn't lie, just didn't tell you."

"I don't have time for your smartass comments Selena!"

"Fine, he's my goddamn Dad! I hate the guy!" When I say that, Billie's facial expression changes. She lets me go and sighs, "You're lying, aren't you?"

"Lying about what? I hate him, I literally kidnapped you so I can kill him."

"I don't get it." Billie says. "What? Did you think I was working with him?" 
"I still think you're lying."

"I don't give a damn if you think I'm lying. I don't need to tell you everything."

"What makes you think I'm helping you if I can't trust you!?" Billie shouts. "I told you, you had no choice." I remind her, "I'd rather die than help a liar!" 

"Billie, you're acting like a lunatic." I try to walk away from her but she pulls me to her again. I snatch my wrist away from her and I ask her what she wants.

"I'm not gonna help you if you don't give me a reason to help you." 

Billie POV

I can tell by Selena's face, she wants to tell me but she isn't. She rolls her eyes before sighing, running her fingers through her hair. "He's the reason my sister's dead." She mumbles.

"Oh, I- I didn't know."

"Of course, you didn't. I didn't tell you. Where's June?" Selena asks. I turn around and Lia's walking to us with June in her arms. Selena takes June away from Lia.

Selena and I walk outside to her balcony and she sits down in her seat. "My mom and dad were friends when they were teenagers. My mom had no idea that my dad was a criminal, eventually they got close enough to have sex and my mom got pregnant with me."

"Your mom still didn't know about your dad?"

"She found out immediately after she gave birth. She fled with no explanation to stay with her mom, my dad knew she was pregnant but was upset that she found out the truth and left with his child." 

"Are you his first?" I ask and she nods, making me look down. "You know the tradition."

"What tradition?" I ask. "First child has to die?"

"Oh, I know that, but never knew the reason behind it."

"My ancestors were also drug lords, just passed it down to their sons and daughters, my family realized that in each generation, the first child would never agree with the drug and Mafia business and eventually the first born would refuse to take over. So they created a solution, kill the first child. Each generation, the first child would need to be killed."