12

Billie POV

"Hey, I'm leaving now." Selena tells Ariana. "Where are you going?" I ask her.

"San Francisco, I'll be out for a few days." She answers. I nod at her answer and Ariana says bye before going to hug her. "Get off of me." Selena sings.

"Shut up and hug me back." Ariana muttered. Selena obliged and they broke away before Selena exited the house. "So how was the liquor you downed last night?" Ariana asked me, smirking.

"Uh well it was strong." I chuckle. "Be careful, that liquor is crazy strong."

"I'm careful, I don't usually drink, just one fun night." I shrug her off. "That's how I started, just one fun night." Ariana mutters. "What do you mean?"

"I was an alcoholic, alcohol was the only thing I resorted to for like 2 years until my brother found me in my house foaming at the mouth."

"I'm sorry." I mumble. "Hey, it is what it is. We all have our own struggles but I'm telling you that being addicted to alcohol is not the road you want to go down." She closes the fridge. "I'll be careful, I promise."

Her phone goes off, I pass it to her and she thanks me. She smiles at her phone before showing me, "My Nonna found some baby pictures of Selena." I smile at the little girl with braids in and staring at the camera, she was so pretty.

" I smile at the little girl with braids in and staring at the camera, she was so pretty

She also shows me another picture of Selena with a dog. "That dog is so cute." I coo. "That's Coco, she's the cutest thing in the world."

"Is she the only dog you have?" I ask her. "No, we have 5 more." My eyes widened at her answer. "That's a lot of dogs."

"I have a pig too. Piggy Smallz, I know it's a dumb name. Don't judge me, I love her. The rest of the dogs are Toulouse, Lafayette, Myron, Ophelia, and Cinnamon." For the next hour, we discuss her dogs, and look at pictures until Lia interrupts us.

"What time is it?" She groans. "It's close to three." I tell her. She nods before walking up the stairs screaming Joseph's name, who is practically her boyfriend at this point.

"So what are you going to do about Selena?" Ariana catches my attention. "Wha- what do you mean?" I dumbly stammer. "I heard you and Lia's conversation last night, I wasn't asleep."

"Uh- ignore what I said." I dismiss her, she fucking heard me saying I wanted Selena to choke me. "It's okay if you like her, she is a difficult person to get to."

"I'm not gonna try anything Ariana." I shake my head. She sighs before looking at her phone again and I can't see her mood change immediately. "I'll be right back." She mumbles putting her phone to her ear.

I walk upstairs hearing grunts and moans. I roll my eyes knowing it's Lia and Joseph, I walk into my bedroom sitting on my bed, my eyes averting to the photo on my nightstand. It's of me, my brother, and my parents. I grab the photo smiling.

A tear drops from my eyes and I wipe it away. More tears come and I cover my face, I sniffle before walking into my bathroom. I open my cabinet going to grab my blade but it isn't there.

"What?" I mumble to myself when I see it's not there. I move everything out of the cabinet seeing my blade just disappeared. I go under my bed knowing I have more under there but my bag is gone. Where could it have gone?

"Hey, you good?" Ariana's voice comes. "I- nothing, just looking for something." I say casually. "I'm guessing it's the blades Selena threw out." My head turns to her when she says that.

"What?" I scoff. "She told me that she saw scars on your arms, and found blades, so she threw them out."

"What business does she have to do with it anyway?"

"You're hurting yourself Billie."

"So and why does she care?"

"I really don't know, but if you want something to distract you, I need help." She suggests. "With what?" I sigh. "Turns out my entire family from Italy are coming to visit, I tried to tell them that Selena doesn't want them here."

"Why doesn't she want them here, they're family."

"Selena leads a dangerous life, she puts her family in danger when they're here. So she visits them in Italy instead of having them come here." I nod in understanding.

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"Well, I can't reach Selena. So, I guess I just have to get the house ready for them. Selena should be here by then and it'll surprise her. Plus m- our niece's birthday is coming up, and Selena hasn't seen her since she was born, I have but not her."

"What's your niece's name?" I ask. "June." Ariana answers and I remember last night, Selena getting upset at Lia for mentioning the name. I guess Lia was right, but why was Selena so offended?

"Oh, when are they coming?"

"Apparently they're already packed and ready to come. I want to plan a birthday party for June, can you help?" 

"Sure, I don't mind."

3 Days Later

The door opens and in comes Selena, who looks very different. And when I say different, I mean a different hair color. "Oh." Ariana says. "You're back to your natural hair color?" Ari asks. "I got tired of black." Selena mutters. 

I still need to talk to her about my things she thought she could throw out. She walks up the stairs and after a few seconds I follow after her. I see her back and I grab the hood of her shirt slamming her on the wall.

She shuts her eyes muttering something in Italian before opening her eyes and seeing it's me. "Where are they?" I ask her. "I'm not telling you anything if you're holding me like this."

I let go of her letting her fix her composure. "I threw your little knives away." I can't help my anger that comes over me and I slap her in the face. She laughs hardly and says "Slap me all you want, they're gone."

"Why do you care about what the hell I do to myself?" I question her. "Um let's see, I'm a decent human?"

I slap her again and she breathes heavily, "Could you stop!?" She yells at me. "You had no right going into my room." 

"It's my house." She spits back. Our argument is cut off by a doorbell, Selena rolls her eyes getting away from me, we both walk down to see Ariana opened the door and a voice yells out "La mamma e a casa! (Mama's home!)" Selena walks faster down the stairs and she says "What are you guys doing here?" She laughed. 

Ariana turned around looking at me shocked. "You aren't mad?" Ariana asks Selena. "Why would I be?" 

Selena hugs the woman who I assume is her mother. "Who is this?" Her mom asks looking at me. "Billie." Ariana introduces. "You are magnificent." She says before indulging me in a hug. 

"She sure knows how to slap well." Selena mutters. "Stop being so silly Lena, you probably did something stupid."

"Ok, I love you too mom." Selena looks down at the ground. I suddenly hear a baby whining and Selena's alerted. She looks and sees a baby and I'm guessing it's June. 

"Now, I'm mad." 

Hiii hoes, daddy's here :)