17

Billie POV

"I can't let you in, Selena." Joseph says. 

"So it's true?" Selena asked. I see Lia's leaning on the wall and we make eye contact and she just shrugs, "I was out by the time he came and noticed something was wrong."

"Joseph, I'm going to tell you once, get out of my way."

"No." Joseph steps up to Selena. Selena nodded and she punched him in the stomach making him huddle over on the ground. "I told you I was only telling you once." 

Selena walked in the office and she immediately went over to his computer. She sees what me and Lia saw before sighing and shaking her head. She licks her lips and laughs. 

"Are you laughing?" I ask. "I can't believe he played me." She says.

"Uh guys?" Lia pokes her head in. "What?" I ask her. 

"Joseph's trying to run away." She says.

"You didn't think to stop him?" I ask. "I'm not saying a word to that bastard." Lia says. 

Selena POV

I walk out of the office and I make my way for the garage knowing that's where Joseph's car is. I beat him there to hit and he tries to swing at me but misses. 

"You lied to me." I punch him in the face, he spits his blood in my face making me knee him in his crotch. "You should've known." He mutters. 

"Know that my best friend was working for someone I hate? Huh?" I push him against the wall.

"Everything!? Everything was fake?" I ask him even more. "I should've killed you when I had the chance."

"You bitch!" I yell and I wrap my hands around his neck. "I'm gonna fucking kill you." I grunt and he grabs my wrists and I dig my thumbnails into his neck as I watch him start to choke for air.

I gave this guy everything, I took him in after his wife died, I paid for his chemotherapy, bought his car. He lied to me, used me and I fell for it. I fell for it good.

I watch as his eyes roll back and every ounce of pride I had for him fade away.He starts to choke and all I do is just squeeze harder and the tears roll down my cheeks.

His body goes limp and it prompts me to let go of him. He drops to the ground and I realize what I did. "Joseph?" I call out.

I lean by him and I shake him. "Joe?" When he doesn't answer, I back up a bit, "Selena?" I hear my name being called but I ignore it. 

Billie walks in but stops in her tracks, "You killed him."

"I- I wasn't thinking." I stammer. "Y-" I cut Billie off, "I didn't want to kill him."

"Hey, hey, it's okay." She tells me but I shake my head. "Wake up." I kicked Joseph in his side, partly out of anger, and some out of concern. 

"He's already dead, don't kick him!" Billie exclaims and I send her a death stare making her put her hands up in defense. 

"You're the one that killed him, don't look at me like that!" She says. "You're making it worse." I tell her.

She mumbles a sorry and I kneel down by his side checking for a pulse and I don't get one. "He's dead Selena, you can't bring him back to life."

I push past Billie and I walk back into the house, going to my room and slamming the door behind me, instantly regretting it when it snaps June awake and she starts crying.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I tell her when I sit on the bed. I shush her and I lay back in the bed. She lays on my chest sniffling and hiccuping a bit, I realize she still has my necklace on. 

I sit up and I look June in her eyes and she giggles. I smile as I notice her giggle is similar to Isabella's. "You're so beautiful." I tell her knowing she probably doesn't understand me. 

We both end up falling asleep and the next time I wake up, my mom's in my room. "You're up already?" Mom asks me.

"Is it early?" Selena rubbed her eyes. "It's only five in in the morning, plus you went to bed pretty late last night."

"Not really." 

"Selena, lift up your shirt." 

"Why?" I ask her. "Selena, lift it up." 

"You're lucky you're the only person I listen to." I mumble as I show her my new wound. She looks at me with an exasperated look, "Sorry." I mumble.

"What happened now?" She asked. "Shard of a mirror." I say casually. "Lena, I've been meaning to talk to you." 

"Yeah?"
"I've been thinking about you uh- coming back to Italy."

"I visit all the time." I mention and she nods, "I know, but I was thinking about moving there and staying there for a while, maybe a few years?"

"Mama.." 

"I know, I know it sounds crazy but I'm tired of seeing you hurt, you're chasing after a bad man."

"Who happens to be my dad." I chuckle. "Which puts you in a hundred times more danger, I lost you twice, and I got you back twice."

"What are you trying to say, third time's the charm?" I ask her. "I'm saying, the third time, you might not be so lucky and I can't lose you again."

"You won't lose me, I promise." I tell her and she sighs before hugging me. I'm way taller than her, I guess I get my height from my dad. I kiss her head and suddenly my room flashes red. 

"Lena, what's that?" Mom asks me. "Someone's breaking in." I tell her. June who's still sleeping isn't fazed. "Okay, stay in here with June, I'll be right back."

"No, don't go out there!"

"Mama, I have to, I'll be okay."

"If you're not back here in one piece, I will beat your ass." I laugh even though I know she's not joking.

I walk outside bringing my phone with me. I lock the door from inside and I close it. My phone rings with Dali's contact. I pick it up and put it to my ear.

"Hey, I got the alert."

"Yeah, who is it?"

"Typical goons of Matteo's. There's four of them." She answers.

"Alright, lock all the doors in the house." I tell her. "On it, Capo."

One by one, I hear locks click and Ariana's voice, "Why'd you make Dali lock my door again!?"

I go to a room on this floor that Dali always leaves unlock no matter what. I open it and I grab my gun and magazine of bullets. I grab a shiv and put it in my pocket.

I walk downstairs quietly and I sneak up on one of the men, wrapping my arm around his neck, putting him in a headlock. "Shh, don't say anything." I tell the guy. 

I turn him around swiftly headbutting him and he drops limp. "I don't think anyone's awake." I heard a voice. I put the bullets in my gun, cocking it back, I walk towards the voices. 

I walk further and I see them in the kitchen and I look at them dumbly. "Are you serious?" I ask, they look at me with their mouths full of my Nonna's pasta

Nonna's pasta be mad good tho