31

Omniscient

Billie walked out of the bedroom, walking to the kitchen but stopping when she saw Selena lying on the floor.

Not unconscious or in any condition that needed medical attention but she was just there, emotionless, staring up at the ceiling. 

Billie’s first instinct was to go to Selena and talk to her but she knew Selena, she didn’t want to talk right now.

So she just left her there. 

She backed out of the kitchen and went back to their room and sat on the bed, waiting for Selena to possibly walk into the room, even though she most definitely probably wasn’t. 

After a while of being alone in the bedroom and there was no sign of Selena coming in, Billie walked out again and went to the kitchen, Selena wasn’t there anymore.

She furrowed her brows and walked around to find her and let out a sigh when she found her sitting in the corner of their walk in shower. 

“Hey…” Billie whispered, catching the older girl’s attention.

“What are you doing in here?” Billie asked.

“I can’t sleep.” Selena whispered to her. “Why not?”

Billie sat down fully besides her girlfriend. “Bed’s too soft.” Selena muttered. 

“So are you trying to fall asleep here?” 

“If it works, then yeah?” Selena chuckled. Billie scooted closer to her making Selena stop her quickly.

“No, no, don’t do that.”

“I can’t sit next to you?”

“It’s not that, when you do sit next to me, it feels nice and I shouldn’t feel nice right now.” 

“You don’t think you should feel nice?” 

“Not right now, no. You’re too soft, I just don’t want to feel soft right now.” 

“Okay, that’s fine. Can I- uhm, at least across from you?”

“I don’t care.” Selena shrugged. “I’ll just sit here then, I won’t touch you.”

“I’m being an ass, aren’t I?” Selena chuckled.

“No, you just need some space, I get that, but it would help if you could at least talk to me?”

“Uh, I think you know what’s going on.” Selena whispered.

Billie nodded as Selena spoke, “I had a dream about her last night.”

“What happened?” 

“She was older, maybe in her teenage years, I don’t know honestly, am I going crazy?”

“Why would I think you’re crazy?” 

“I’m having dreams about her, that’s crazy, isn’t it?”

“No, no, you’re not crazy at all, you’re grieving your daughter and that’s fine.”

“So I’m not crazy?” Selena shook her head. “You’re far from it.”

Selena nodded, sniffling a bit and laying her head on the tiles of the shower. “I need to find him."

"You will, but you look like you need time right now."

"No," Selena stood up, "That just gives him more time to fuck up more shit."

"Are you- are you sure?" Billie followed after her.

"Yeah, it's a way to him- what's it called? Distract myself, yeah that."

"Okay, then I'll come with you-"

"No, you're not coming. I can't fuck up and lose you too."

"But-"

"Listen, you're the one thing keeping me sane, I cannot lose you because you're following me around, I can't, Billie."

"Okay, I won't follow you, but please be safe, don't do anything stupid."

"I won't." Selena shook her head. She pecked Billie's lips and disappeared through the front door.

-

The front door opened, Billie rushed to it letting out a sigh of relief when she saw it was Selena.

"What?" Selena asked after seeing Billie's behavior.

Billie raised her hand and slap the girl across the face. "What the fuck, Billie?"

"You've been gone for a week, Selena! A fucking week or you're just gonna barge in here and ask me what?"

"A week? No I didn't, I just left this morning. It's the 23rd, isn't it?"

"It's the 31st, Selena, you've been gone for eight days, how could you- where were you!?"

"Will you stop shouting at me first of all, my ears are still ringing from that slap you just have."

"This isn't a joke, dude! You can't just disappear on me like that! We were all worried sick, I thought you were dead in a ditch somewhere!"

"I lost track of time, okay? Not a big deal."

"Uh losing track of time for a few hours is normal but you've been gone for a week!"

"Listen, I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"Yeah, it's not gonna happen because this whole chasing Matteo is done now."

"What are you- Billie, what are you going on about?"

"I don't know? How about you follow me?"

Selena let out a sigh and followed Billie, immediately regretting it when Billie pushed her into a room and closed the door.

"What the fuck, Billie!?" Selena shouted, trying to push the door back open.

"You're going insane, Selena. It needs to stop." Billie told her through the door.

"Are you seriously going to keep me locked in here, Billie, let me out!"

"I'm sorry, baby, but I can't. I'm helping you."

"I don't know much about psychiatry, but locking me in a room is not helping me."

"Uh, I'm pretty sure that's what psychiatry is."

"Billie, you know I'm gonna get out of here, let me out now!" She kicks the door.

"You're gonna break your foot if you keep kicking it."

"Someone's gonna let me out, if not you, then- then my mom or Ari-"

"Don't think so. They're all okay with it."

"If you don't let me out-"

"You'll what? Kill me?" Billie scoffed.

"I'm not kidding, get me the fuck out of here."

"I love you." Billie turned around to tell her.

"Let me out!"

"Don't be an asshole, but one question?"

"What?"

"You horny?" Billie asked. "Are you seriously asking me that right now!?"

"But are you?"

There was a brief silence between the two, but Selena answered, "Kind of, yeah."

"Can I come in?"

"I'm gonna run out if you do, so just a heads up."

"Not if you're horny." Billie smirked.

"Get me out of here." Selena mumbled. Billie opened the door slowly, and shut it quickly.

"Fuck." Selena muttered. "Just shut up and come here." Billie told her before roughly colliding both of their lips.