20

Selena POV

"Lia, I need you to drop the knife." I tell her as I inch closer to her. "No! Stay back!" She aims the knife at me. I drop my hands and I look at her dumbly.

"Why do you want to kill yourself?" I ask her. "Because I lied to everyone, I'm a phony!" Damn right, you are. I walk closer to her and she waves the knife around even more.

"You're not a phony, you- you made a mistake, just come to me. I can help you." I tell her. "No you can't, you probably want me dead anyway! Get away from me!"

"Lia, if you want me to help you, you have to listen to me, okay?" I nod urging her to put down the weapon. "I don't want anyone's damn help."

"Yes you do, you're just talking nonsense." I continued making my way towards her.

"Stai attenta Lena, potrebbe attaccarti. (Be careful Lena, she might attack you.)" My cousin Alissa says. "She won't." I mumble.

"Kay, so when you die, what color do you want your casket?" Carina added, making me roll my eyes.

Lia's breath shuddered as she slowly kneeled down and placed the kitchen knife on the ground. She gets up and walks close to me, I open my arms letting her walk into me.

She sobs into my shoulder as I wrap my arms around her waist. "You're fine, you're fine."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" She said. I make eye contact with Dala and she nods slowly, "Yeah, you made a mistake." I say.

"And you have to pay for it." I turn her around, catching the handcuffs that were thrown to me, "Wait, what?" Lia asked after she sniffled.

"You're being arrested Lia, you failed the polygraph." I mutter. "What? You can't arrest her over that! You're charging her on whether she passed something or not!" Billie butted in.

"Billie, I suggest you stay out of this." I warn her. "And watch you arrest my friend for no reason?"

"This girl is not your friend, she's been plotting with Matteo all this while to not only get rid of me, but you too. Isn't that right, Lia?" I reveal the newest information I received to Billie. Lia doesn't say anything and just looks at Billie with no emotion.

"Are you gonna sit there and stare at me or tell me she's lying?" Billie asked her. "She's not lying," Lia mumbled. "I'm sorry, Billie."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Billie asked her. "Just let me explain." Lia tried to reconcile. "You wanted to kill me?"

"N-" I cut her off with "That's enough." I lead her out of the house and into the cop car, pushing her head in. I close the door and I lean on the car window looking at her, since the window was rolled down.

"You're a fucking bitch. I should've killed you sooner." Lia says and I laugh.

"You should've tried to kill me sooner. I never liked you, so if you had attacked me, it would've finally given me a reason to beat your ass."

"I'm sorry, do you understand how lucky you are to have a father like Matteo?" She faces me. "And why would I be lucky to have him in my life?"

"He's Matteo Messina Denaro, leader of the Sicilian Mafia. He can literally do everything for you."

"He can do everything for me, that's the exact reason why I hate him Lia. But don't worry, he'll be joining you soon." I smile.

Billie POV

I hear a knock on my door, "Billie, you okay in there?" I hear Selena's calming voice. I don't answer and instead I walk out onto the balcony of my room sitting in my bean bag.

Soon enough, Selena was near my side, standing over me. "You let yourself in?" I assume and she nods, "You'll get used to it."

"What do you want? You wanna tell me I'm stupid because I already know."

"I don't think you're stupid." She shakes her head, while taking a seat on the ground next to me. "I am, trust me. Can't help but always let the wrong people into my life." I mumble.

"You know sometimes people go to the wrong people when they have no one else to rely on," Selena looks at me. "You went to Matteo because you thought you had no other choice and I mean I've been in situations like that. But I helped you and Lia, gave you both a reason to not work with him anymore, but Lia didn't give in."

"Still can't believe she would try to do something like killing me. I picked her up from the shelter, out of a drug addiction. I don't know where I went wrong, I was a good friend."

"It's not about being a good friend Billie, people are shitty every so often."

"But it's Lia, my Lia. My dumbass dyslexic Lia." I snorted. "That's why you don't get too close to people."

"What if I want to be close with people?" I turn my head facing her and we're really close, that I can smell the hint of mint and the scent tickles my nose. "Am I making you nervous Billie?"

I shake my head, looking into her blue eyes. Her blue eyes are even brighter than mine, they're beautiful, terrifyingly beautiful. "Continue what you were saying." She smirked, she knew what she was doing to me.

"I don't want to finish it." I whispered. "Are you going to stare at me for eternity?"

"No." I gulp, I place my hand on her cheek pulling her closer to me. I close my eyes and I lean in but I stop when I feel her pull away from me, I open my eyes.

"Let's not get to that point." 

I- lemme hop on outta here before yall decide its time to crucify me.