9

Billie POV

I sigh as I sit on the bed in the hotel room I paid for. I walk outside to the balcony and take in the view, well it's not really that nice of a view, it's just an old bridge over water. My phone rings with Ariana calling me for the 50th time, I've been here for a few hours and it's dark now. I hang up and put my phone back into my pocket.

I go back into the hotel room and I grab a towel before going into the bathroom and undressing myself. I look in the mirror and I can't but notice the fading scar around my neck. I got it from Selena choking me, that's just great isn't it?

And to add onto that, I'm gaining weight, more weight than I usually do. I get in the shower and I let the water hit my chest and I wet my hair along with it. Once I'm done, I get out, I wrap a towel around my body and I dry myself off and I put some clothes on and comb my hair out since I left my dryer back at the house.

I hear a knock on my door and I assume it might be the caterer with the food I ordered and I yell out for the person to come in. The door opens, "You can put the food anywhere you'd like." I say without without looking at the person

"Hm? Where should I do with it? Dump it on your bed or on you?" I hear a familiar voice and I mentally curse myself out. I turn around and Selena has her arms crossed across her chest.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her. "Next time you want to run away, try not to go into the car of someone that works for me and tell me where you went."

"How'd you get in?" I ask her. "Well you did tell me to come in and I also happen to own a quarter of this hotel." She says. I sigh rolling my eyes causing her to chuckle. "You thought you could get away, didn't you?" She asks.

"I wasn't trying anything, I just wanted to leave." I mumble. "Me asking why you wanted to leave would make it seem like I care but no. All that matters is that it's time to go." Selena smiles. "I'm not going back." I shake my head.

"Stop the joking, it's time to go." She grabs my suitcase and I tell her to stop. "Why'd you even leave? Huh?"

"I really don't know, I-" I pause myself running my fingers through my hair. "I'm not meant for this Selena. This life of being good, doing good deeds, that's just not me." I tell her the truth.

"So you want to go back to your gang?"

"I don't know." I answer. "Billie, we have a deal. You can't just leave."

"You're not getting it Selena, I've done illegal things, killed people, stole cars, stole drugs, you shouldn't trust someone like me. I'm the kind of person who works for Matteo, works against you. So why do you need me?" I question her motives.

"You speak like you were born into this." Selena chuckles. "I was." I hint.

"No you weren't." She looks at me truthfully. "You were forced to do this, live that kind of life. You lost your family and you found Matteo and he lied to you. I'm trying to change that."

"You're trying to help me? What can you possibly do to get me out of this? I'm a criminal, I'm gonna end up in jail soon enough." I shrug. "No you won't if you work with me."

"What are you? An undercover cop or?" I ask her, causing her to chuckle but also shake her head. "No, I'm not a cop but I am someone who can get you out of trouble if you just trust me."

"How do I know I can trust you?" I ask her. "You just have to Billie, there's nothing I can do to prove it but you have to take your chances." She tells me and I nod. "Will you come back home?" She asks and I take in a deep breath.

What if she's lying? What if she's my one way ticket to jail?

"I- fine, I'll come back." I give in and she lets a breath out.

***

Selena POV

I drive the car onto the road as Billie is in the passenger seat staring out of the window. For once, she's quiet and I'm appreciating it all right now. I've had hostages but no one as defiant as Billie. If it were in different situations, I'd kill the hostage to save me time, but for some reason, I took pity on her.

She was a girl who lost her family and had no choice but to turn to wrong ways in order to survive. Is that an excuse? No. But should I at least give her a chance? Sure, why not.

I arrived at the chapel and she looked at me. "What are we doing back here?" She asks. "I want to show you something." I answer and she opens the car door stepping out. We walk besides each other into the chapel and I let her follow me into the back of the chapel and I open the back door.

"Woah." Billie was shocked at the view. She saw the cityscape and said nothing at first. The city spread below her, lights glittered everywhere like stars dropping to the Earth. The sky twinkled as shooting stars pathed its own way. It was a comfortable silence in the city at night and it was beautiful.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Billie turned around looking at me, looking exactly like Isabelle. Big eyes, intriguing smile, the person you could never turn down. "Uh- I thought it might take your mind off of everything for a while." I shrug.

She laughs a little before sighing heavily. "It's so beautiful."

"I used to come here after Isa- when I was younger." I changed my answer. "It's so beautiful."

"You said that already." I laugh a little and she giggles and I almost trip over my own two feet. "I could never get angry at a view like this."

"No one can Billie."

"I'm going to have to tell you to stop saying my name."

"Uh, why?" I scratch my eyebrow with the front of my thumb. "It makes me feel some kind of way." She mumbles shyly.

"Are you flirting O'Connell?" I ask. "Great, now you're saying my last name." Billie clicks her tongue.

"Is that better?" I smirk. "Hell no." She says.

I laugh a bit and she tilts her head surprised. "Did The Shiv just laugh?" Billie asks and I roll my eyes.

"I laugh from time to time." I try not to make a big deal out of it. "Wow, that's shocking. You look so serious all the time, her bitch face might just scare away Jesus." She jokes.

"Nah, Jesus won't be afraid of me. Satan? Now that's a different story." I reply. "You're not going to go to hell if that's what you're saying." She frowns.

"How do you know that?" I ask her. "You're probably a good person, you help people. You don't deserve hell."

"Heh, maybe. I'm not that religious anyway." I dismissed her. "Oh why not?"

"Well if I'm being honest? For a long time, I stopped believing in God."

"Oh. I- I could never imagine him not being with me."

"I don't think he's noticed me." I admit. "Why do you think that?"

"Um, during every sick thing I went through, I never thought he was there with me. I never got that spirit of hope that people say they get in the roughest of times. I always thought maybe he left me, maybe he forgot about me. He left me hanging." 

"That's understandable. I honestly don't know where I stand with God either. But I'll figure it out when I get the time." Billie mumbles. 

"Good luck with that." I tell her and the usual tune of the piano starts to play in the chapel and Billie smirks. "Let's dance." She says.

"Nope." I tell her. "Why not? You can't dance?" She teases me. 

"I can dance, just don't want to." 

"Please?" She pouts. "No." I stick with my answer. She looks at me for a while and I finally give in. She smiles grabbing my hand and bringing me into the building again. She puts her arms around my neck and I place my hands at her waist and she leads us into what turns into us laughing and dancing for hours. 

Maybe she isn't so bad after all.

I was so fucking wrong.