Chapter fifteen

~Y/N POV~

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about coming home after work.

What if Taehyung did leave?

At first I thought I would be only a little sad and disappointed but now it's come to the point I'm just outside my front door, seconds away from finding out if he left or not, just makes me realise I would be more than just upset and disappointed. I would be crushed if he was gone. Is heartbroken the right word?

I don't know but very, very close to it either way.

The front door wasn't locked, I didn't want to lock the three of them inside the house so they would feel more imprisoned. No. That's not how things go around here and soon I'll get three more spare keys made up for them to do as they please.

Now standing here feeling stupid about how long I've been standing here I casually opened the door, pushing if forward while holding my breath and yet stepping inside and closing the door behind me. But the moment I turned around I was embraced into a pair of arms around my body and a nose pressed against my neck, sniffling softly.

It didn't take a big brainer to know who this was.

A giggle left me as I hugged him back, soothing my hands along his back that only encouraged him to snuggle more into me.

"I missed you too Jungkook but where's Jimin?"

I wanted to ask about Taehyung too but I was scared to what I would find out. Like usual Jungkook didn't speak but grab my hand, and twirl on his feet, just to pull me along behind him towards the living room.

Entering the room Jimin was on the couch, watching tv but stood up the moment we entered the room.

"Y/N!" Jimin

Jungkook let my hand drop just in time for Jimin to engulf me in his arms, burying me into his body like his life line depended on it. But instead of sniffing me out like Jungkook had, he began to scent me. Rubbing his cheek and nose along my jaw to just under my ear. Making sure to do this on both sides and then step back but still keeping a hold of my upper arms.

"There, now you smell like me again." Jimin

Jungkook rolled his eyes and grunted as he walked away to drop himself on the couch, annoyed as he scowled at Jimin from across the room and thumping his foot against the floor.

"Don't worry Jungkook, you can do it later if you want to?"

His eyes lit up and nodded very eagerly but then stuck his tongue out towards Jimin but Jimin only returned the favour.

But then suddenly something caught my attention. Whatever it was it smelt delicious.

Now sniffing the air like a fellow hybrid, I followed the scent but only got as far as to turn my head directly towards the kitchen and pause.

Stunned and yet very shocked to see what I was watching.

Taehyung.

In the kitchen.

Cooking?

"W-what's going on here?"

I know it's a stupid question since it's obvious but my brain was having a hard time in processing this scene.

Taehyung quickly shot me a shy yet subtle glance from the island, mid was chopping up vegetables.

"I wanted to apologise for this morning....and last night." Taehyung

He sighed, before biting on his bottom lip as he continued slicing through since carrots.

"Taehyung that's okay. You were probably ju-"

"No. Y/n please don't make any excuses for me. My behaviour was uncalled for and i shouldn't of acted that way. I'm sorry, very sorry." Taehyung

The sincerity in his voice also matched his eyes, staring back at me sadly. Even though behind me I heard Jimin mumble something and his light steps into the living room further I chose to ignore it and walk towards Taehyung instead and took a seat in a stool in front of the island.

"I accept your apology since your cooking but next time I won't be so forgiven, okay?"

He cracks a smile accompanied with a nod and picks up his knife again after he put it down for a short time.

"Thank you." Taehyung

I nodded back to him and then turned my head over my shoulder to see what Jimin and Jungkook were doing but all they were doing was watching Taehyung and I quietly. But then something came to mind, something I wanted to talk to them more about.

"Oh I just remembered. Jobs. Namjoon said you can all take up small jobs around the centre AND before any of you protest, none of you will be working with Yoongi. That will be sorted."

There was instantly relief on Jungkook's face, dropping from his hardened features that were forming moments ago and all he did was nod. Jimin stood up from the couch but didn't walk over.

"When?" Jimin

"Erm, tomorrow I think would be best. That way you all have something to do to keep you busy. It also helps you earn your own money too."

Jimin nods but a smile grows on his lips, stuffing his hands into his pockets just to sway back and forth on his feet.

"Well I'm in. It wouldn't be so bad I guess." Jimin

Shrugging his shoulders at me but I followed his line of sight towards someone behind me. Turning back around I faced Taehyung once again. No reaction, just blank like he usually is. Keeping eye contact with Jimin until it takes me to clear my throat to get his attention.

"Taehyung? What do you think?"

All he did was stare intensely at me. Not uttering a word and I couldn't decide if he was uncertain or mad or even liked the idea. This guy can be a hard one to read.

"It's whatever. I don't mind. Like you said we wont be near Yoongi, so no problems right?" Taehyung

I nodded eagerly at him and shot Jimin an excited look over my shoulder but turned back around just in time to see Jimin throw up his thumbs. It was like something was finally achieved without a fuss from Taehyung.

"None of you will be near him. I promise."

"Good, because we don't want trouble between him and Jungkook again. Jungkook right?" Taehyung

Looking over my head he scowled over to Jungkook on the couch. Again I spun around to see him but Jungkook nodded hesitantly but his lips were moving so I could imagine he was mumbling something under his breath.

"Jungkook there's no need for that attitude." Taehyung

Jungkook gaped, eyes wide and lips parted. He snorted and stood up, fists balled up and glared at Jungkook. It was clear he had something to say but was struggling not to speak. That was obvious by the way he was twisting his lips before he stomped his foot and stormed out the living room, barging passed Jimin and down the hall towards one of the bedrooms I assume.

Not even a second later the door was slammed shut and Jimin let out a frustrated sigh.

"Tae, you cant be talking to him about his attitude when you acted like a dick this morning." Jimin

"Whatever. I'm not arguing about this Jimin. The food will be ready soon anyway." Taehyung

He picked up the board filled with chopped vegetables and turned his back to me. Now it was my turn to sigh and yet I stood up from the stool, already heading towards the hall for my bedroom.

"I'm going to change. I'll be right back."

Jimin only nodded at me but walked passed to head towards the kitchen area. I didn't look back to check. Heading towards my bedroom I passed by the room for the boys but I paused when I heard harsh whispering. It was barely audible, I couldn't make out the words but the voice was  there.

It was Jungkook's voice.

I couldn't help but smile hearing his voice for the first time. I may not know what he's saying but its the closest I got so far. Hopefully soon he'll actually speak to me.