Chapter nineteen

~Y/N POV~

This is the first time I've gone to the supermarket with all three hyrbids at once and to be honest it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

We needed some more food to stock up on so after work I drove us to the nearest supermarket so do our weekly shop.

Jimin was eager to push around the shopping trolley where as Jungkook hooked his arm around mine, making sure we stayed close together while Taehyung took the opportunity to constantly scan the room, carefully watching everyone that walks by with narrowed eyes like a hawk to it's prey. He's been so tense since walking into the market that he's stiff around the shoulders. That guy needs to relax.

But despite Taehyung being on constant edge, it didn't seem like it was going so bad. I didn't mind Jungkook clinging onto me and Jimin wanting to pick up every bit of meat he came across, it was pretty calm.

We had finished the meat aisle and it took longer than I expected it so since Taehyung and Jimin were bickering about which meat is best, beef or chicken. Jimin liked chicken better as he stated it reminds him of birds, I guess he likes to eat bird but I didn't question it and Taehyung just plain out wanted everything beef. That was when I cut in and offered to buy both and even some fish also to spice things up a little bit. I don't want to be living off chicken and beef all my life from now on

Once that was finished we moved onto the fruit and vegetable aisle and that was where Jungkook came to life. His doe eyes sparkled with excitement and just couldn't stand still. Constantly tugging on my arm like a child and pointing to whatever fruit or veg he wanted. That was where Jungkook was lucky in this department. I wasn't bothered about the fruit and vegetables as I like all of them and Taehyung and Jimin weren't fussed so it was really Jungkook that picked everything from that aisle.

Although I did have to stop him when he kept piling bags of carrots into the trolley. It was just too much and it had to stop but I told him he can get some dried nuts or something for him to nibble on later. And he agreed but in a pout.

We made sure to circle those two aisles one more time before moving onto toiletries, canned foods and just snacks.

Pretty much the rest of the shop was my doing, they weren't too bothered once they picked up what they wanted. Jimin was happy pushing the cart around and Jungkook was content in holding my arm against his the whole time as his ears would twitch every now and then at every sound he would pick up near by. It was cute the way he would innocently look around like a kid in a candy shop but I know deep down, Jungkook isn't as innocent as he makes out to be.

Taehyung on the other hand kept walking up ahead of us, stop by the end of the aisle and check both directions before mumbling that it was okay. I found that oddly cute also with the way he was on guard trying to protect us from danger that isn't there.

"Now all we need is chips and we're done."

I told them all, Taehyung only hummed and continued walking ahead while Jimin kept quiet as he was too busy looking at the top shelves curiously.

"I'd like some veggie chips." Jungkook

He whispered in my ear and I smiled at him.

"Then lets go get some."

Tugging on his arm I forced him to pick up pace towards Taehyung so we could head into the next aisle.

"Hey wait up." Jimin

He too picked up his speed to follow us but as we were about to round the corner Taehyung held out his arm to stop us from going any further.

"Taehyung what are you doing?"

Taehyungs ears twitched and he just scowled, glancing at me over his shoulder and then back to face the front. Not even a second later two familiar voices were heard talking and finally they came into sight after walking out the next aisle.

"Oh, hey Y/n!"

"Hi Minji, Yoongi. You two needed shopping too huh?"

Minji giggled and took Yoongi's hand into hers, entwining their fingers.

"Yeah, it's just a few bits though, nothing much." Minji

I nodded but looked up at Jungkook who was glaring down at Yoongi trying to act all tough with his puffed out chest and dark eyes. Yoongi just held the blank stare before chuckling to himself and smiling my way.

"I knew you were here." Yoongi

"You were following us?" Taehyung

He stepped forward to almost bump chest with Yoongi but Jimin quickly rounded the cart and pulled Taehyung back by his shirt.

"No, I heard her voice but could smell her scent as soon as I entered the building. The three of you should of known we were here too." Yoongi

Jungkook grunted but shrugged his shoulders looking away.

"Maybe we did but just didn't want to say anything." Jimin

Yoongi glanced at Jimin that stood close behind Taehyung and he just shrugged with his unbothered face once again.

"Whatever. Anyway, Y/n it's good to see you again. I mean we did just see each other at work but I mean outside, you know.....work." Yoongi

I let out a small laugh and nodded. He looked awfully uncomfortable saying that but it's nice to see he's trying to be okay around these three when I now know how hard it is for him. Minji looked at him fondly and nudged his side with her elbow gently and he glanced at her just for a larger smile to grow upon on his face.

"It's good to see you too Yoongi. Well we better get going and we'll see you both at work tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you later." Yoongi

"Bye Y/n! Bye guys!" Minji

The two hand in hand walked passed Taehyung who was glaring daggers to the back of Yoongi's head, a low growl emitting from is chest until his dark eyes settled on me for a few seconds before he just scoffed and walked away in the opposite direction.

Taken back by his sudden mood swing I just stared at the back of his head until he disappeared down the next aisle. Jimin already in silence walked passed Jungkook and I to follow him while I confusingly look up at Jungkook as if to question what the heck happened.

Jungkook bit his lower lip with a slight shrug before he tugged on my arm and gestured with a head nod to follow everyone else. Why do I have this feeling Taehyung is now going to be pissed all day now?

Just fantastic.