Chapter seven

~Y/N POV~

(One week later)

This week passed by quite quickly actually but I like to think it has something to do with those three new hybrids but we can't call them new anymore because we've taken in a further two more hybrids that were in desperate need of a place to stay until they are adopted.

Every day I spend time with the three of them. Namjoon's orders since he told me I'm the only one that gets the best reaction out of them and no one wants stressed out hybrids because they become hostile and violent so if I have to spend as much time with them as possible while at work to keep them settled and calm then I'll do it.

Even if I secretly enjoy spending time with them.

Taehyung still speaks the most to me compared to the other two. I think of him as the one in charge even if in his report it states he's an alpha wolf hybrid, meaning he's stronger than most of his breed but there's not a lot of them around anymore. The breed of hyrbids lately around here that would be remotely related to him would be of course dog, just like Jimin, who I learned his name from the wolf Hybrid, Taehyung. He told me all their names only three days ago but I know who is who, I don't get mixed up.

Now today because they had been cooked up inside for over a week I spoke to Namjoon about taking them to the football field we have off the side of the medical wing of the centre which is fenced off so they can run about and do whatever. The grass is a bit long since Hoseok is due to cut it by the end of the week but it's just the four of us outside.

I sat on the grass, watching the three of them run around. Jimin's leg was no longer bothering him and completely healed. Taehyungs hand almost there too and it's only been just over a week so that's impressive and Jungkook, he wont tell me anything but I think he's okay.

Sitting back with the support of my hands on the grass I watched Jimin standing in the centre field of the long grass, head turning in different directions, frantically looking around him for the other two. His nose in the air, sniffing by the looks of it until he took off running further south of the field and dived into a longer area of grass. The grass was actually that long that you could hide in it and the boys were having fun running around like kids and playing hide and seek. I could only see the due to sitting on the more shorter and cut grass in the area.

"Pft, Y/n?"

I gasped when I heard Taehyung whisper my name and then crawl out from the longer grass a few feet away from me, a hand on my beating heard because he startled me.

"Taehyung you scared me."

I whispered to him in knowing Jimin was clearly looking for him but was too far away.

"Sorry. Do you not want to play with us?" Taehyung

I shook my head, even if it was tempting and looked fun to play I had to decline.

"No I'm sorry. Maybe another time."

He pouted his lips at me, his pointy black ears to lower flat on the top of his head.

"Why not?" Taehyung

Tilting his head to the side, coming to sit beside me on his bum and bring his knees up to his chest.

"Because I think the three of you should make the most of this time with the long grass. Its getting cut this week for the adoption day."

His brows furrowed together and he turned his head straight ahead to glare at nothing, jaw clenching and hands balled up.

"Adoption day? Obviously you get adopted but what else do you all do on that day?" Taehyung

"It's like a massive barbeque for the public. They come in, have a look at some hyrbids and just have fun. There's even games and food to be served. Its really fun for everyone."

"So are people like me locked up for the whole day or what?" Taehyung

I sensed the bitterness in his tone but I chose to ignore it and giggle at him because I found him so cute when he acts mad when he really isn't that mad.

"No. It really depends on the hybrids condition. Meaning their health obviously, then their willingness to be adopted and the way they are mentally. If they're not ready then they can simply stay in their rooms and do what they want to but they always get some of the food that's made during the barbeque too. No one gets left out."

Taehyung hummed, nodding yet chewing in his inner cheek.

I just chuckled at his behaviour, smiling I looked back over to the patch of grass but no one was in sight. That was until something collided into me from my right side, the opposite side to where Taehyung was sitting. Something hard, pushed up leg and I looked down to my lap just to be welcomed to Jungkook, smiling at me with his head resting on my lap.

"Hello there Jungkook."

I giggled but he didn't say anything but to take my wrist and pull my hand down to his ears, his bunny ears at that. He likes it when I do that and constantly asks me to softly rub his ears in no words. He doesn't speak to me yet he's brave enough to ask me this and the ears on a hybrid are very sensitive and personal, the tail also to be one of those spots on a hybrid.

I did as he wanted, gently brushing my fingers along the base of his bunny ears, then gently and slowly between my fingers to the tip of the ears. Jungkook closing his eyes, a small smile on his face as he enjoyed this feeling it gave him. I would never understand but for him to ask me of this I felt like he could trust me and yet he couldn't speak to me.

At least Jimin speaks to me, but only a few words here and there. Not a lot but at least it's something.

Speaking of Jimin, suddenly he popped out of the long grass, suddenly leaping towards Taehyung but he was quick to sprint into action and take off running while laughing may I add towards the grass he just emerged from and Jungkook was just as quick to run off, now that Jimin appeared.

"Oh come on!" Jimin

I just laughed at them all, watching Jimin suddenly catch himself on his feet and air punching the air groaning loudly then only to stop when his eyes landed on me, innocently smiling at me like a moment ago he didn't look like he was ready to slaughter something.

"Oh, hi Y/n." Jimin

He politely waved at me, acting all shy. One thing about Jimin is that hes so adorable when he acts this way its almost impossible to think he can be aggressive.

"Hi Jimin."

Again he shyly smiled, just to look down to his feet, kicking at the short grass but then sprung his head up in a different direction, tail still and ears on stand but the right twitched to whatever it was he heard and he took off running where he just came from disappearing from view.

I could only smile to myself seeing them have so much fun with just running around like this. It may have only been a week and a few days but they certainly are gaining a soft spot in my heart.