Chapter Thirty - Nine

~Y/N POV~

All I can think about was what happened yesterday. I've barely slept and believe me I have tried because when I manage to close my eyes it's only for a short time before I wake up in a panic. Reliving the moments in my head over and over again where I almost lost my life. I don't even know who saved me or what happened after I lost consciousness. Hell Jia could still be wondering around this house right now for all I know.

But despite those thoughts I have even more about everything that I was told. I'm still not over it but I will be in time. It's clear to me now that Jia is a fucking psychopath and my sympathy towards her is now long gone. I don't give two rats ass if she suddenly combusted into thin air.

Sitting up right in the bed, leaning against the headboard I fiddle with my fingers constantly reliving the conversations yesterday. Trying to make sense of it all and why the hell either of them would go near a crazy like Jia. Clearly she has issues that run deeper than just myself.

A yelp followed by a small whine came from behind the door. From what I could tell it sounded like Taehyung but I heard Jimin's voice hushing him.

"Will you three move away from the door? I need to give Y/n her breakfast."

There was a light knock on the door but I just stared at it. I'm still not ready to speak to either of them yet. I will at some point but I still need that space. The betrayal still runs deep like a flesh wound that needs to heal and part of that healing will be when I feel ready to speak to them about it.

The door slowly pushed open and in popped Taehyung's mom, sticking her head through the gap between the gap. She furrowed her brows for a brief moment but quickly replaced it with a smile.

"Y/n honey I brought you some food." Mrs Kim

I gave her a smile back which didn't meet my eyes and watch her step into the room but glared to someone on the other side before the door shut again. I continued to watch her across the room, turn back towards me and replace that kind smile back to her face. I spotted the tray in her hands and she came to my bedside and placed the tray carefully to the side on the bed side table and pulled up a seat in the chair that was previous in the corner of the room.

To be honest I wasn't hungry but I didn't want to be rude so I grabbed a grape from the small bowl on the tray and mumbled a small thank you.

"How are you feeling Y/n?" Mrs Kim

I stared at her for a moment, meeting her soft gaze staring back at me. Her hands folded over the other on her lap but leaning in closer to the bed I'm currently sitting on.

"I'm okay I guess. Still trying to process a lot of things."

She nods just as I look away from her and back to my hands on my lap. Now twisting my finger in amongst the bedsheet.

"It is a lot to take it but the boys mentioned they didn't get a chance to tell you everything yet." Mrs Kim

My head snapped into her direction, eyes wide.

"There's more?"

She nods again but chuckles at what I can assume was because of my reaction. What more could possibly be need to say?

Or should I be asking what more is there between Jia and my boys that I don't know yet?

"But I can assure you it's nothing as bad as what had already been discussed. Or at least not from their part I should say." Mrs Kim

I eyed her when she looks down at her lap, rubbing her palms together but that's not what tipped me off that something was up. It wasn't her soft voice or downcast eyes. It was her black pointy ears that have suddenly lowered so low on her head they were almost flat against her hair.