Chapter thirty-two

~Y/N POV~

When we got home no one uttered a word about their strange behaviour back at the mall. If I didn't know better I would say they found something that was a threat towards themselves or me. Heck even all of us but they chose to keep me in the dark and I'm pissed about it.

They know it but they choose not to comment on that either.

I was silent all evening and barely said a word to anyone. I wanted to see if at some point at least one of them would blurt out what happened or at least what they sensed. But no, my pouty attitude was ignored and all three of them acted as if nothing was wrong.

So now in the dead of night, sitting on this couch between Jimin and Jungkook the movie finished.

Calmly I placed the popcorn bowl to the coffee table in front of me. Wiped my hands together knowing full well all three of them are watching me closely to my every move. Then I stood up and headed to the side of the living room just before the hallway and spun back to them on my heels.

Hands to my hips and a serious expression to my face I stared each of them down as they stared back at me.

Neither of them seemed surprised by my actions.

"So no one is going to mention your behaviour back at the mall today?"

The three of them exchanged looks before Taehyung chuckled from his single chair.

"What weird behaviour? We were just scanning the area like we always do. It's not often we go to the mall." Taehyung

Jimin nodded but Jungkook remained blank as he stared at me.

"True we don't. But the way you all reacted, especially you two..."

I pointed directly to Jungkook and Taehyung, squinting my eyes at them suspiciously.

"Just seemed like there was a threat close by and you both were guarding us. Jimin I think you were just trying to distract me from either the threat or from what these two were doing."

Jimin eyes widen and his pointed ear on the top of his head twitched. But he kept his mouth shut.

"Come on y/n. We over reacted back there. The loud sounds in the food court we're messing with our ears. I'm sorry." Taehyung

His genuine apology seemed like he meant it. Those eyes reminded me of a puppy blinking back at me and even his lips were pouted.

"Okay. Fine. Maybe I overreacted too. Sorry."

Taehyung and Jimin both smiled as they relaxed in their seats. But Jungkook was still stiff as a board sitting up right with his back straight and hands nipping at his thighs under his jeans.

"Jungkook wha-"

"There was hunters at the mall looking for us. The same ones that have been hunting our family for years. They saw us with you at the mall and now we're scared they finally know where you are." Jungkook

My mind went blank and I blinked at him after his rambling. Where as Taehyung growler through his teeth and Jimin slapped him across the back of his head.

"Yah! We're not suppose to tell her until we're sure they didn't follow us you stupid Ass!!" Jimin

"I can't help it!! It's hard to lie to her!! I can't keep lying to my mate!!" Jungkook

He bellowed back at Jimin rubbing the back of his head. Jimin growled at him but slumped back against the couch, glaring at the bunny.

Taehyung stood up from the couch and took small steps to approach me. He moved slowly as if he was scared I would slap him one. Admittedly I would like to but I can't help but think they had their reason, especially since in their mind they thought they were protecting me. Their mate.