Friends

3rd POV:

Chat Noir's green eyes, which were glossy from crying so much, met Viperion's yellow ones. The Eiffel Tower glowed beautifuly in the distance, and the sky was clear with the full moon shining above.

Chat Noir pulled his hands away from Viperion and pulled his knees back to his chest, trying to hide his face as best as he could.

"I-it's nothing just... please leave me alone."

Viperion looked at Chat Noir. He could hear a quiver in his voice, so he knew that he wasn't feeling as fine as he was letting on.

"Are you sure that you're ok?" Viperion asked, "I know that we aren't supposed to know anything personal about each other, but whatever it is that's bothering you, I'll listen."

Chat Noir shook his head. "It wouldn't make a difference even if you did."

Viperion put a hand on his back to try and make him feel a little better. "Try it. Having someone to listen to your problems actually helps sometimes."

Chat noir looked up at him.

Viperion smiled. "I promise that I won't judge you."

Chat Noir wiped the remaining tears from his face, and gave a deep sigh to try and calm his nerves so that he could speak properly.

"... It's about Ladybug.." He said.

"Really? What happened?"

Viperion instantly thought that they might have had an argument about something, but they seemed to be fine earlier.

"Well... today's Valentine's Day and.... I was going to confess my feelings for her." Chat Noir told him, looking up at the Eiffel Tower in the distance. "... but she was with someone, so she didn't show."

"I see..."

Viperion now understood the situation. Chat Noir was in love with Ladybug, but she ended up spending Valentine's Day with someone else.

Chat Noir wiped a few more tears from his face that had fallen and gave a weak smile. "Though, I guess that I was pretty stupid. I continued to chase after her, even when she'd told me that she loved someone else."

Chat Noir, in a way, felt a bit responsible for the way that he was feeling at that moment. If he'd cut off his feelings for Ladybug the moment she told him that she loved someone else, then he could've avoided all of this. At the back of his mind, he was wondering if all of this pain was karmas way of getting back at him for making Marinette cry earlier.

"I understand how you're feeling." Said Viperion. "I also liked someone, but she had a crush on someone else."

Chat Noir started to fidget with his ring. "What... what did you do? How did you get over it?"

Viperion shrugged and looked up at the full moon. "It's one of the worst feelings ever, knowing that the person you're in love with will never feel the same way about you. But when you love someone, you just want the best for them, and for them to be happy."

Chat Noir sniffed and pushed a piece of loose hair out of the way. "So what you're saying... is that I need to love her enough to let her go?"

Viperion nodded. "It's your best option, and the quickest way to stop hurting yourself and waiting for something that probably won't happen."

A few more tears fell from Chat Noir's eyes. "I don't know if that's possible..."

"Of course it'll take time." Viperion told him, "But if I could do it, then you can too."

Chat Noir looked over at him and their eyes met. He gave a small smile and said, "Thanks Viperion, I'll give it a try. And you were right, talking with you made me feel a lot better."

"No problem." Said Viperion, lightly rubbing the top of Chat Noirs head and ruffling his hair. "We are going to be partners from now on, so let's be friends."

Chat Noir was a bit skeptical of him at first, but he's a really nice guy. And Chat looked forward to being his friend and fighting akumatized villains with him in the future.

He nodded his head at Viperion's request to be friends and crossed his legs. He couldn't cry anymore, but he was still feeling pretty empty.

"Still sad?" Viperion asked him.

"I'm feeling a lot better, but I'm still a bit sad about today."

Viperion glanced over at him. Chat Noir still had a sad expression on his face, and he wanted to help him.

He thought for a minute before coming up with an idea. He stood up.

"Chat Noir."

Chat Noir looked up at him in confusion.

"Go to the Eiffel Tower and wait for me there. There's something that I need to get." Viperion explained to him.

"Huh? But-..."

"Wait for me!"

And with that, Viperion ran off. Jumping over a few roofs before hopping to the ground and disappearing into the night.

"What was that all about?" Chat thought to himself.

He then stood up and decided to listen to what Viperion had told him to do. He was curious.

At The Eiffel Tower:

Chat Noir had arrived, and sat on one of the rails. He swung his legs back and forth over the edge as he waited for Viperion to show up.

Not even 5 minutes had passed before he heard someone walking up behind him. He turned around and saw Viperion. One of his hands was outstretched towards him, while the other was behind his back.

Chat Noir, still confused, took his hand and stood up. He lightly chuckled and asked, "What are you doing?"

Viperion smiled and said, "Chat Noir, since we're both alone today, then I must ask.." He bowed dramatically and revealed that he was holding a green rose in his other hand. "Will you be my Valentine?"

Chat was a bit surprised, but smiled at Viperion's attempt at making him feel better.

"Why, of course." Said Chat Noir, playing along with the joke and taking the rose. "It would be my pleasure."

Viperion stood back up and they both started laughing. At this point, Chat had forgotten about everything that had happened that day. It felt good to laugh after a good cry.

"Now, allow me to play a tune as we gaze out at Paris." Viperion said in a silly voice, leading Chat Noir over to the rail.

Chat smiled, and Viperion felt that his job was complete. He'd managed to make Chat Noir feel better, and he was having fun while doing it. He pulled out his lyre and gently ran his fingers over the strings. He started to play a beautiful song, which made Chat Noir feel even more at ease.

Chat looked down at the green rose that his friend had given him and smelled it.

"I guess that today wasn't so bad after all." He thought to himself, listening to Viperion's calming music as he looked out at the beautiful view of Paris.