Kitty Section

Adrien POV:

I went to school the next day. It was friday, one day before the weekend, but I was bit afraid of running into Marinette. Would things be the same as they were before? Would she really continue being my friend after what had happened?

As I entered the locker room, I could see all of my classmates there. They were talking and putting away their things before the start of class. I was making my way over to my locker when I heard my best friend Nino calling out to me.

"Hey, Adrien!"

I looked back and greeted him with a friendly smile. "Hey Nino."

He walked up and draped an arm over my shoulders as he proceeded to walk with me to my locker.

"How was your date with Alya yesterday?" I asked him while doing the combination to my locker.

"Oh, it was cool! I had the whole day planned out for us. So first we.."

I listened to my best friend excitedly explain how his Valentine's Day date went with his girlfriend. Nino's girlfriend is Alya, who is also Marinette's best friend. I wonder if she knew about Marinette confessing to me the other day. I still can't believe that she liked me all this time.

"Sounds like you two had fun." I said after he'd finished talking.

"Well, what about you? Were you with anyone yesterday?" He asked, lightly nudging me with his elbow. "I heard that someone confessed to you! How did it go?"

I knew what Nino was hinting at. He knew that Marinette had confessed to me the other day.

I closed my locker and put the strap to my bag over my shoulder. "Yeah, Marinette did..."

"Wow! Really? I had no idea that she had a crush on you dude!" Said Nino, trying to act surprised. But I could tell that he was faking it. "So are you two, you know, a thing now?"

"No.... We're not.."

"What?! Why? What happened???"

I shrugged as we started walking to the door to exit the locker room. "I just don't feel the same way. I've only ever seen her as a friend... but I still feel bad."

Nino stopped walking once we reached the door and put a hand on my shoulder. "It's ok, dude. As your friend I'll tell you that you shouldn't feel bad about not liking someone. You can feel however you want."

"Thank's Nino." I said, reaching for the door handle, but before I could, it opened.

Marinette walked in and jumped in surprise when she saw me. "A-Adrien!"

I gave a small smile. "Hey... Marinette."

Nino looked at the both of us, and sighed at our awkwardness. "You two need to talk. I'll see you in class."

He gave me a pat on the back before walking past Marinette and leaving the locker room. There was only a few other people in there besides Marinette and I. She walked past me, holding her bag in her hands.

"Listen, Marinette." I said, following behind her as she made her way to her locker. "About what happened yesterday-"

"-I know, I'm sorry for running off. I shouldn't have done that." She said to me. "I was just.. disappointed that you didn't like me back.. I'm over it now though."

"Really? So we're still friends?"

She giggled. "Of course we are!"

"Thanks Marinette. And I'm sure that the next person you have a crush on will be a lucky person. I think that you're a nice person too."