Heartfelt Melodies

3rd POV:

"You agreed to do WHAT?!?" Chloe screamed, startling her butler Jean as he was pouring tea for both her and Adrien.

It was the next day at around 10 in the morning. Adrien had gone to Chloe for advice on what to do about the agreement he'd made with Lila the day before. They were sitting on the balcony outside of Chloe's bedroom at the Le Grande Paris hotel while having tea and croissants. The morning air was warm outside as the sun rose in the distance behind the Eiffel Tower.

Adrien knew that Chloe wasn't particularly fond of Lila, but he didn't think that she would freak out the way she did once he had told her. She was acting as if it was the end of the world.

"Adrien! You stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid-"

"-Chloe, don't you think that you're overreacting a little bit? It's just a harmless little date."

"HARMLESS?!? Nothing that involves that piece of trash is harmless!" Chloe said as she banged her fists on the table, rattling the fragile tea set that sat at the center. "After she completely RUINED my party yesterday you still think that she's HARMLESS?!"

"So this is just because you don't like her?" Adrien asked as Jean went back inside to leave the two alone to talk.

"What? No!"

"So what is it? There must be a reason."

"I absolutely despise her existence, but that's not the reason why I'm acting like this!" Chloe explained, "Luka doesn't even like Lila. He won't agree to go on this date."

"And how do you know this?" Adrien asked as he picked up his tea cup to take a sip.

"Well because he-... umm..... I just know, okay!?" Chloe told him. She knew that it wasn't her place to reveal what she knew about Luka liking Adrien. She was instead trying her best to convince Adrien not to go along with Lila's plan, which seemed utterly ridiculous to her.

"Chloe, I don't know why you hate Lila so much. Sure she tends to lie a lot, but she seems to genuinely like Luka." Adrien explained, "You weren't there yesterday when we were talking, it was as if she was a completely different person."

Chloe leaned in and said, "You want to know why she was acting like a completely different person? Because she was LYING to you Adrien, that's just how she is. She lies and does whatever she needs to do to manipulate you into feeling sorry for her."

Adrien shook his head. "I don't know, Chlo. You would believe me if you saw how vulnerable she was yesterday."

"No. I wouldn't." Chloe said matter-of-factly as she rolled her eyes and took a bite out of a chocolate-covered croissant.

Adrien's smart phone chimed, letting him know that he'd just gotten a message. He picked it up from the table and looked at it.

"Ooo~~ Is it from Luka?" Chloe asked as she sat up straighter in her seat to try and take a peek at Adrien's phone.

He shook his head. "No, it's from Lila."

"Lila?! You have that thing's phone number now?"

"She gave it to me yesterday to text me about the plans for the date. She just told me that she found a good restaurant that they can go to." He told her as he put his phone back onto the table. "Now all I have to do is ask Luka to go."

"Haha, good luck with that one. I'm willing to bet everything I have that he won't agree to go. He should be smart enough to recognize a walking red flag when he sees one, and that's exactly what Lila is." Said Chloe with an immense amount of confidence. She flipped her blonde ponytail over her shoulder and crossed her right leg over her left. "Moving on to a more interesting topic, is your father still on his business trip? When is the new fashion line coming out? I've been waiting to see it."