The Fair

Adrien POV:

The Next Day:

I woke up at around 11am, which gave me plenty of time to do my usual morning routine, eat breakfast, and walk to Luka's place to meet up with the other band members for practice at 12. As soon as I walked onto the boat, I could see that everyone was already there setting up the instruments.

Everyone greeted me, and I did the same in return, making my way over to my keyboard which was next to Luka, who was sitting in a chair tuning his guitar. I sat down in front of the keyboard and covered my mouth as I yawned. I heard Luka chuckle.

"Tired?" He asked.

"It's the weekend, I would usually still be asleep right now." I told him, turning on the keyboard and changing the settings a bit.

"Not a morning person?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Not at all."

"Well hopefully, you'll wake up once we start playing."

"Yeah, I hope so too."

I yawned once again and sat back in my chair, waiting for everyone else to finish setting up.

After Practice:

Well, Luka was right. By the time practice was over I was fully awake. Who wouldn't be after hearing loud music for 2 straight hours? I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. It was 2:05pm. I gasped as I quickly stood up and started to quickly put away the keyboard.

"What's the rush, Adrien?" Luka asked while approaching me.

"Oh, sorry Luka. I'm meeting Nino, Alya, and Marinette at the fair today." I told him, "And I really need to get going."

Rose started to squeal. "Ooo~ You're going to the fair as well? Ivan, Juleka and I are going with Mylene, Alex, and Max (more classmates). So we'll all be there! This will be so fun!"

"Yeah, I agree.." Said Juleka in her usual low voice.

Ivan put his drum sticks in his bag and zipped it up. "Luka, why don't you come with us?"

"Yeah! The more the merrier!" Added Rose.

Luka shook his head. "Nah, I'll let you kids go by yourselves."

Ivan crossed his arms. "You're only one year older than us. You know that, right?"

Luka shrugged and then turned to continue to put his guitar away into its case.

"Oh come on Luka! Don't be boring." Rose whined.

I walked up to him. "Come with us. You'll have much more fun going than staying at home all day by yourself."

Luka set aside the guitar case and turned to Adrien. "And how would you know that?"

"Hmm..." I thought for a moment. "Because if you go, then I'll make sure of it. Deal?"

"You'll make sure of it? How?"

"You'll just have to come and see for yourself. But we have to get going. The others are already texting me."

I looked down at all of the message notifications that I'd received. I replied in the group chat saying that I was on my way, and then put my phone away and looked back up at Luka.

"So, are you coming?" I asked.

He didn't say anything right away. He stood there for about 10 seconds looking at me. His eyes darted all around my face, making me wonder what he was thinking about at that moment that made him so quiet.