The Invitations

3rd POV:

The Next Day:

The sound of many people chattering filled the classroom as everyone was sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring, and for the teacher to arrive for the start of the first class of the day. Adrien and Nino sat at their usual seats at the front of the class while Marinette and Alya sat in their seats behind them. Both Nino and Adrien were turned around in their seats as they were chatting with the girls.

"The movie was awesome! I wish that you guys could've come with us." Said Marinette while unzipping her backpack to get out her iPad for class.

"I wish I was there too. I had to run around with a bunch of kids yesterday at my cousin's party. It was sooo tiring." Nino told her as he pretended to faint and lied down on the desk.

Mari laughed and Alya smiled as she all of a sudden looked over at Adrien with an intense gaze. Adrien looked back at her in confusion as he asked, "What?"

"Don't you wish that you were at the movies as well? Or were you having too much fun being out with you-know-who?" She asked with a teasing smirk.

"Out? Who were you out with dude?" Nino asked, "Were you on a date with someone and didn't tell me?"

"Oh Nino, it definitely was a date. They were walking together so closely and smiling like a couple." Said Mari, joining in on the teasing.

"Who was he with?"

"What are you guys talking about?" Adrien asked.

Alya then mouthed the name 'L-U-K-A' so that no one else in the class could hear, and Adrien's eyes went wide. He put his hands up in defense as he said, "O-oh no, no, no, we're just friends. W-we're not dating or anything! And we weren't on a date yesterday, we just went to get ice cream."

"Sure about that?" Mari asked.

Nino's eyes darted back and forth between his friends as he tried to keep up with the conversation. "Ok, but who was he with?"

"Adrien, are you sure that he's 'just a friend'?" Alya half whispered while making quotation marks with her fingers. "You sure that you aren't contradicting yourself?"

Adrien opened his mouth to speak but couldn't think of anything to say. He thought that he was sure about the fact that he didn't have a crush on Luka, but what Alya had said just now made him silent as he looked down at the floor.

"Hey Adrikins!" Sang Chloe as she strutted over to his desk. She came up behind him and put her hands on his shoulders. He looked up at her.

"Oh, hey Chloe. What's up?"

"Well, I just came over here to give you something." She responded as she went down and wrapped her arms around him. She held up a white envelope. It was lacy and had a white flower taped to the back.

"What's this?" Adrien asked as he took it from her and began to open it.

"Adrikins, it's an invitation to my birthday party. Don't tell me you forgot about my birthday."

"Of course I didn't Chloe. I already have your gift at home."

Chloe hugged Adrien tightly and smiled. "I knew that you'd never forget!" She said before standing up straight and looking at Marinette, Alya, and Nino. She crossed her arms and sighed/groaned as she looked away and said, "You three aren't my favorite people in the world.... But you're friends with my Adrikins, so I guess that you can get one."

She put three envelopes on the desk in front of Alya as she continued, "Just make sure to bring a gift, and don't underdress. Make sure you look decent... but it's not like you'll ever be able to look as good as me though."