12

***
It had been 4 days since I let her see me last.

I needed time and space to sort my emotions through.

Sometimes I like being a wolf, I can run faster, I'm stronger, but sometimes I hate it, and crave to turn back to my human self to feel and touch with flesh, and see with human eyes and feelings.

When I'm a wolf I can still feel emotions like I can human, but they are stronger, scarier, more possessed by animal instincts. And there are really only 4 primal emotions that run through my wolf veins.

3 come come and go, 1 is constant.

Hunger. Anger. Content. Her.

She is love.

She is the basis for either my anger or contentment.

She is everything.

I felt such anger towards my pack when they treated her like a peice of meat the other day.

And I feel contentment when I spend my nights with her.

But my thoughts as a wolf don't run the same way as when I am me. When I turn back into a man I can start sorting through the things that happen to me as a wolf.

▪▪▪

Our pack house is about a block from hers. Down one of those small private roads that only some little old lady with dementia lives on. This makes it easy on us.

No one notices the large group of werewolves that reside inside.

Our house is surrounded by miles of forest, making it a good spot to run and hunt, while we are wolves.

I've been spending the past four days in here. Alone.

Everyone else wants to stay wolf for the winter, it's easier not to fight it. But I, I want to think.

Think as myself.

Travis Parker.

So here I sit in my big spacious living room in my house that I share with my family and pack.

By myself.

During the winter we leave the heat turned up to 80 degrees as well as space heaters placed strategically around the house. Two on full blast right by the back door where we have a large dog flap that's big enough to fit our wolf selves through. 

We leave the heat on in case any of us wants to come home and turn back to ourselves.

But I know the truth, it's all set up for me. They all know I like to come here often, and think as a human during the long winter months. Especially during the day, when she is in school.